An Observer Based Sampled-data Control for Class of Scalar Nonlinear Systems Using Continualized Discretization Method
- 44 Downloads
A new observer based sampled-data feedback control is proposed for a class of scalar nonlinear affine systems, where the control distribution is constant, in the presence of noise. The discrete-time states are estimated by a nonlinear state observer, and used for designing the sampled-data control. The discrete-time model used for controller and state observer design is derived using continualizated discretization method. This discretization method is based on the new concept of continualization of discrete-time models, and is applicable to any system whose Jacobian matrix is defined. In this work, it is shown that for the system without the presence of noise, the proposed sampled-data control preserves the equilibria and dynamics of the desired system, while the conventional control, which is based on forward difference method, does not. Simulations are carried out for the scalar Riccati system with the presence of noise to demonstrate the better performances of the proposed method not only in sampled-data control design, but also in system states estimation than the conventional method for both high and low sampling frequencies.
KeywordsContinualized discretization discrete-time model noise nonlinear sampled-data control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. K. Khalil, “Output feedback sampled-data stabilization of nonlinear systems,” Proc. of American Control Conference, pp. 2397–2402, 2004.Google Scholar
- S. Monaco and D. Normand-Cyrot, “On the sampling of a linear analytic control system,” Proc. of 24th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 1457–1462, 1985. [click]Google Scholar
- D. Nesic and A. R. Teel, “Set stabilization of sampleddata nonlinear differential inclusions via their approximate discrete-time models,” Proc. of the 39th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2112–2117, 2000. [click]Google Scholar
- S. L. Ahmed, A. Nicolas, and G. Mohamed, “Sampleddata disturbance observer for a class of nonlinear systems,” Proc. of the 19th IFAC World Congress, Cape Town, South Africa, pp. 3346–3351, 2014.Google Scholar
- T. Nguyen-Van and N. Hori, “A new discrete-time linearization feedback law for scalar Riccati systems,” Proc. of 2013 SICE Annual Conference (SICE), pp. 2560–2565, 2013.Google Scholar
- M. I. Zelikin, Control Theory and Optimization Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 86, Springer, Berlin, 2000.Google Scholar
- R. W. T., Riccati Differential Equations, Mathematics in Science and Engineering, vol. 86, Academic Press, New York, 1972.Google Scholar