Formation tracking control for multi-agent systems: A wave-equation based approach
- 138 Downloads
This paper considers the formation tracking control problem of large-scaled Multi-Agent Systems (MAS) for which the model is based on a system of mutually independent wave Partial Differential Equations (PDEs). The spatial derivatives in the equation correspond to the underlying communication topology of the agents. A leader-follower mode is employed in the control algorithm, with which the agents on the boundary of PDEs are chosen as leaders knowing the tracking trajectory and all the other agents are followers. Each follower has only the information of its own relative position and velocity to its topological neighbors. With a designed distributed controller, the formation tracking error is bounded by a constant proportional to the acceleration of the desired trajectory. Robustness of the control law to a perturbation in the velocity measurement is also discussed. Furthermore, some simulation studies are provided to show the effectiveness of the control algorithm.
KeywordsDistributed control formation tracking MAS robustness wave PDE
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. Fang and P. J. Antsaklis, “Decentralized formation tracking of multi-vehicle systems with nonlinear dynamics,” Proc. of the 14th Mediterranean Conf. on Control and Automation, MED’06, pp. 1–6, 2006.Google Scholar
- A. Sarlette, and R. Sepulchre, “A PDE viewpoint on basic properties of coordination algorithms with symmetries,” Proc. of the 48th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control and 28th Chinese Control Conf., pp. 5139–5144, 2009.Google Scholar
- P. Frihauf, and M. Krstic, “Leader-enabled deployment onto planar curves: A PDE-based approach,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 1791-1806, August 2011. [click]Google Scholar
- J. Qi, R. Vazquez, and M. Krstic, “Multi-agent deployment in 3-D via PDE control,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 891-906, April 2015. [click]Google Scholar
- N. Ghods, and M. Krstic, “Multi-agent deployment over a source,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 277–285, January 2012. [click]Google Scholar
- J. Qi, F. Pan, and J.-P. Qi, “A PDE approach to formation tracking control for multi-agent systems,” Proc. of the 34th Chinese Control Conference, pp. 7136–7141, 2015.Google Scholar
- J, Qi, “Simulation movie of a 3-D formation tracking example 2016,” https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipnan4c1b6x478r/formationtrackingwave.mp4?dl=0; or http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bbOrHcGoogle Scholar