Pre-compensator selection for H ∞ loop shaping control
- 214 Downloads
In this paper, an attempt has been made to address on the design of pre-compensator to obtain the solution of H ∞ loop-shaping control problem. Two different design techniques have been proposed where the first one is based on singular value decomposition (SVD) technique along with the matrix perturbation approach; the other one is focused in linear matrix inequality (LMI) framework leading to minimize the condition number of the pre-compensator that, in turn, reduces loop deterioration. A numerical example has been considered to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
KeywordsCondition number H∞ loop shaping control linear matrix inequality pre-compensator singular value decomposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Skogestad and I. Postlethwaith, Multivariable Feedback Control: Analysis and Design, Second edition, John Wiley and Sons, Ltd, 2005.Google Scholar
- K. H. Bang and H. B. Park, Analysis of Robust Performance Improvement Using Loop Shaping and Structured Singular Value, SICE, Tottori, pp. 1269–1274, July 1996.Google Scholar
- R. A. Hyde, The Application of Robust Control to VSTOL Aircraft, Ph.D. Thesis, Girton College, Cambridge, 1991.Google Scholar
- K. L. Lo and L. Khan, “Hierarchical micro-genetic algorithm paradigm for automatic weight selection in H ∞ loop shaping robust flexible AC transmission system damping control design,” IEE Proceedings Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 109–118, 2004.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- G. Papegeorgiou and K. Glover, “A systematic procedure for designing non-diagonal weights to facilitate H ∞ loop shaping,” Proc. of the 36th conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2127–2132, December 1997.Google Scholar
- W. Reinelt, “Robust control of a two-mass-spring system subject to its input constraints,” Proc. of the American Control Conference, pp. 1817–1921, June 2000.Google Scholar
- S. Boyd, E. Feron, L. E. Ghaoui, and V. Balakrishnan, Linear Matrix Inequalities In System And Control Theory, SIAM Frontier Series, 1994.Google Scholar
- M. Morari and E. Zafiriou, Robust Process Control, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1989.Google Scholar