Evaluation of Co-C, Ni-C, Re-C and δ(MoC)-C Fixed Points Fabricated at KRISS
- 53 Downloads
This paper presents the recent work that has been carried out at the Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS) to fabricate and evaluate high temperature eutectic/peritectic fixed points: Co-C, Ni-C, Re-C and δ(MoC)-C fixed points. The research has been conducted as part of an internal research project that aims at fabricating high quality eutectic fixed points and measuring their thermodynamic temperatures with the lowest possible uncertainty. The fabrication procedures and instruments used for fabrication and investigation are described in details. ITS-90 temperatures for the four fixed points measured are presented with a melting range, repeatability, and expanded uncertainty. The Co-C and the Re-C fixed points are compared with those made at All-Russian Research Institute of Optical and Physical Measurements Federal State Unitary Enterprise (VNIIOFI) to validate our works. The results are also presented.
KeywordsRadiation thermometry High temperature fixed points Blackbody Furnace uniformity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Woolliams, E. R., Machin, G., Lowe, D. H., and Winkler, R., “Metal (Carbide)-Carbon Eutectics for Thermometry and Radiometry: A Review of the First Seven Years,” Metrologia, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. R11-R25, 2006.Google Scholar
- 4.Edler, F. and Huang, K., “The Melting Point of Palladium Using Miniature Fixed Points of Different Ceramic Materials: Part I -Principles and Performances,” International Journal of Thermophysics, Vol. 37, No. 12, Paper No. 126, 2016.Google Scholar
- 6.Yamada, Y., Sakate, H., Sakuma, F., and Ono, A., “A Possibility of Practical High Temperature Fixed Points above the Copper Point,” Proc. of 7th International Symposium on Temperature and Thermal Measurements in Industry and Science (Tempmeko), pp. 535–540, 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.Machin, G., “Twelve Years of High Temperature Fixed Point Research: A Review,” Proc. of AIP Conference, pp. 305–316, 2013.Google Scholar
- 11.Woolliams, E. R., Anhalt, K., Ballico, M., Bloembergen, P., Bourson, F., et al., “Thermodynamic Temperature Assignment to the Point of Inflection of the Melting Curve of High-Temperature Fixed Points,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, Vol. 374, No. 2064, Paper No. 20150044, 2016.Google Scholar
- 12.Sadli, M., Machin, G., Anhalt, K., Bourson, F., Briaudeau, S., et al., “Dissemination of Thermodynamic Temperature above the Freezing Point of Silver,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, Vol. 374, No. 2064, Paper No. 20150043, 2016.Google Scholar
- 13.Lowe, D. and Machin, G., “Development of Metal-Carbon Eutectic Blackbody cavities to 2500°C at NPL,” TEMPMEKO, pp. 519–524, 2001.Google Scholar
- 16.Bourson, F., Briaudeau, S., Rougié, B., and Sadli, M., “Developments around the Co-C Point at LNE-INM/Cnam,” Acta Metrologica Sinica, Vol. 29, No. 4A, Article ID: 1000-1158(2008)04A-0000-00, 2008.Google Scholar
- 17.Sadli, M., Yamada, Y., Wang, T., Yoon, H. W., Bloembergen, P., and Machin, G., “Stability and Robustness Tests on Co-C, Pt-C and Re-C Cells,” Acta Metrologica Sinica, Vol. 29, No. 5A, Article ID: 1000-1158(2008)5A-0059-06, 2008.Google Scholar
- 20.Bloembergen, P., Khlevnoy, B., Largo, P. J., and Yamada, Y., “Spectral and Total Effective Emissivity of a High-Temperature Fixed-Point Radiator Considered in Relation to the Temperature Drop Across Its Back Wall,” International Journal of Thermophysics, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 370–385, 2008.CrossRefGoogle Scholar