A development of a web-based and user-centered process analysis system for quality improvement
- 100 Downloads
In order to manage and control quality of the products in a real-time manner, statistical process control methodology, one of the most popular quality control activities, is utilized as a software service in many manufacturing industries. However, these quality control systems are not affordable to small and medium sized industries due to their expense in installation and difficulty in the systems. To reduce installation cost and difficulty of the systems, this research paper suggests web-based statistical process control system with user-centered design. Although number of non-traditional and web-based SPC systems exists, they tend to focus their designs to either beginners or experts of SPC system. The suggested system, PAS, aims to develop the system to be compatible with frequently used browsers and acceptable in both beginners and experts. Lastly, it accepts diverse forms of data so that it attempts to support data from industry to be used directly to the system.
KeywordsStatistical process control Control charts Process analysis system User-centered design Web-based system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Oakland, J. S., “Statistical Process Control,” Routledge, pp. 37–38, 2008.Google Scholar
- 3.Lee, S. K., Jin, C. U., and Kim, T. S., “System Modeling for Web Service Based on Service-oriented Architecture,” Korean Society for Simulation, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 40–57, 2007.Google Scholar
- 4.Tönshoff, H. K., Apitz, R., Lattner, A. D., and Schlieder, C., “Know Work — An Approach to Co-ordinate Knowledge within Technical Sales, Design and Process Planning Departments,” Proc. of KnowWork — An Approach to Co-ordinate Knowledge within Technical Sales, Design and Process Planning Departments, Vol. pp. 231–239, 2001.Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, G. B. and Park, H. S., “Product Development Processes Supported by Integrated Telecooperation Systems for Small and Medium Manufacturing Enterprises,” J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 5–15, 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.Laosiritaworn, W. and Bunjongjit, T., “Visual Basic Application for Statistical Process Control: A Case of Metal Frame for Actuator Production Process,” Proc. of Visual Basic Application for Statistical Process Control: A Case of Metal Frame for Actuator Production Process, Vol. 3, pp. 1878–1883, 2010.Google Scholar
- 7.Ab Rahman, M., Zain, R. M., Nopiah, Z. M., Ismail, A., Deros, B., and et al., “Development of Online SMEs-SPC Computer Based System,” Proc. of the 11th WSEAS International Conference on Automatic Control, Modeling and Simulation, pp. 225–229, 2009.Google Scholar