Microstructure, Texture and Mechanical Properties of Titanium Grade 2 Processed by ECAP (Route C)
In the present work the properties of titanium grade 2 after ECAP processing with original route and regimes (route C, channel angle \(\varPhi\) = 120°, deformation temperature 300 °C, number of passes up to 8) were examined. Texture development and microstructure parameters after ECAP processing and after recrystallization were determined using electron back scatter diffraction and analysed. A significant increase of the mechanical strength accompanied by some increase of ductility was observed in the deformed samples. The kernel average misorientation and average grain orientation spread were strongly increased after deformation, which confirms the material refinement and fragmentation. The proportion of low angle boundaries increased after four ECAP passes, but after four consecutive passes high angle grain boundaries became predominant. No deformation twins were observed after four and eight ECAP passes. The material recrystallized after deformation retained a fine grain microstructure. The textures of deformed and recrystallized samples were determined. It was found that texture after 8 passes is more homogeneous that that after 4 passes, which partly explains higher ductility of this first sample.
KeywordsMetals Severe plastic deformation Electron backscattering diffraction Microstructure Texture
We thank the Polish National Centre of Science (NCN) for supporting the present work by grant: DEC-2015/19/D/ST8/00818. Also AGH statutory funding No. 11.11.220.01/5 is acknowledged. R. Z. Valiev appreciates the RZV Grant No 14.B25.31.0017 from the Russian Federal Ministry for Education and Science.
- 2.R.Z. Valiev, A.P. Zhilyaev, T.G. Langdon, Bulk Nanostructured Materials: Fundamentals and Applications (Wiley, Hoboken, 2014)Google Scholar
- 13.M. Wronski, K. Wierzbanowski, S. Wronski, B. Bacroix, M. Wróbel, A. Uniwersał, I.O.P.C. Ser, Mat. Sci. Eng. 82, 012074 (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.S. Wroński, K. Wierzbanowski, B. Bacroix, M. Wróbel, E. Rauch, F. Montheillet, M. Wroński, Arch. Metall. Mater. 54, 89 (2009)Google Scholar
- 33.S. Biswas, S.S. Dhinwal, A. Bhowmik, S. Suwas, Mater. Sci. Forum 343, 584 (2008)Google Scholar
- 38.G.S. Dyakonov, C.F. Gu, L.S. Toth, R.Z. Valiev, I.P. Semenova, I.O.P. C, Ser. Mat. Sci. Eng. 63, 012067 (2014)Google Scholar