Design, Synthesis, Spectral Analysis, In Vitro Anticancer Evaluation and Molecular Docking Studies of Some Fluorescent 4-Amino-2, 3-Dimethyl-1-Phenyl-3-Pyrazolin-5-One, Ampyrone Derivatives
- 264 Downloads
The commenced work deals with the synthesis, characterization and evaluation of biological activities of 4-amino-2,3-dimethyl-1-phenyl-3-pyrazolin-5-one. The synthesis was done by the condensation of aromatic acid chlorides with 4-aminoantipyrine. The structures of synthesized derivatives were elucidated using IR, Mass, 1H NMR and 13C NMR spectroscopy, and their UV–Visible and fluorescence properties were studied. The compounds showed significant dual fluorescence. Molecular docking was used to understand the small molecule–receptor protein interaction. The derivatives were screened for their in vitro cytotoxic activity against the reference drug pazopanib on human cervical cancer cell line (SiHa) using MTT assay.
Keywords4-Aminoantipyrine Fluorescence spectroscopy Molecular docking Cytotoxic activity
The authors thank the management and the authorities of Karunya University, Coimbatore, for their kind support, constant encouragement, and providing laboratory facility. We extend our thanks to SAIF, IIT, Madras, India, and IISC, Bangalore, India, for recording NMR and mass spectra.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interests
The authors declare that there is no conflict of interests.
- 3.Mohanram I, Meshram J (2014) Synthesis and biological activities of 4-aminoantipyrine derivatives derived from betti-type reaction. Int Sch Res NoticesGoogle Scholar
- 13.Himaja M, Rai K, Anish KV, Ramana MV, Karigar AA (2012) Synthesis and evaluation of anthelmintic and insecticidal activities of 4-amino-antipyrine derivatives of amino acids and peptides. J Pharm Sci Innov 1:67–70Google Scholar
- 22.ACD/Structure Elucidator, version 12.01, Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc., Toronto, ON, Canada, www.acdlabs.com, 2014
- 24.JM Matesen (1990) In Gradwobl’s. In: Sonnerwirth AC, Jarett L (eds) Clinical laboratory methods and diagnosis. vol 11, 8 edn, B. I. publications Ltd, New DelhiGoogle Scholar
- 25.Reiner R (1982) Antibiotics-an introduction, vol 1. Roche Scientific Services, Switzerland, pp 21–25Google Scholar