Energy planning problems with interval-valued 2-tuple linguistic information
- 279 Downloads
In this paper, we address to the concern as to which alternative is most suitable for energy production in a new power plant set up in India. We model this problem as a multi-criteria group decision making problem where the criteria values are described in terms of interval-valued 2-tuple linguistic variables. We propose to solve this model by extending the PROMETHEE II method to interval-valued 2-tuple linguistic variables where the criteria weights in the PROMETHEE II method are supplied using the entropy measure. A small example is presented to illustrate the practicality and usefulness of the proposed method.
KeywordsMulti-criteria group decision problems Energy planning problem PROMETHEE II Interval-valued 2-tuple linguistic variable Score function Accuracy function
The authors would like to thank the referees for their constructive suggestions.
- Access to Clean Energy (2010) A glimpse of off grid projects in India, Government of India Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, http://www.undp.org/content/dam/india/docs/access_to_clean_energy
- Ahn SJ, Graczyk D (2012) Understanding energy challenges in India: policies. Players and issues, International Energy AgencyGoogle Scholar
- Beg I, Rashid T (2014) Aggregation operators of interval-valued 2-tuple linguistic information. Int J Intell Syst 29:63–667Google Scholar
- Brans JP (1983) Lingenierie de la decision. Elaboration dinstruments daide a la decision. Methode PROMETHEE. In: Nadeau R, Landry M (eds) Laide a la Decision: Nature, Instrument s et Perspectives Davenir. Presses de Universite Laval, Quebec, pp 183–214Google Scholar
- Chen CT, Hwang YC, Hung WZ (2009) Applying multiple linguistic PROMETHEE method for personnel evaluation and selection. In: Proceedings of the IEEE IEEM, pp 1312–1316, ISBN:978-1-4244-4870-8/09Google Scholar
- Energy Statistics (2013) Central Statistics Office National Statistical Organisation Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of India, 2013. http://mospi.nic.in/mospi_new/upload/Energy_Statistics_2013
- Halouani N, Martinez L, Chabchoub H, Martel JM, Liu J (2009) A multi-granular linguistic promethee model, IFSA-EUSFLAT, pp 213–218, ISBN:978-989-95079-6-8Google Scholar
- Liu HC, Li P, Youa JX, Chena YZ (2009) A novel approach for FMEA: combination of interval 2-tuple linguistic variables and gray relational analysis. Qual Reliabil Eng Int Online. doi: 10.1002/qre.1633
- Mi C, Liu S, Dang Y, Wang J, Wu Z (2009) Study on 2-tuple linguistic assessment method based on grey cluster with incomplete atrribute weight informatoin. In: IEEE international conference on systems, man and cybernetics, San Antonio, TX, USAGoogle Scholar
- Zeleny M (1996) Multiple-criteria decision making. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar