Size control of SBA-15 by tuning the stirring speed for the formation of CMK-3 with distinct adsorption performance
- 282 Downloads
Controlling the size of SBA-15 can be beneficial for exploiting CMK-3, which has excellent structural parameters, for better performance in adsorption and/or catalytic processes. In this study, the width of freestanding SBA-15 rods was readily and successfully regulated by simply altering the stirring power during the synthesis. A higher stirring rate produced SBA-15 rods with larger width. Then, the size of the CMK-3 rods was adjusted by duplication of the different-sized SBA-15. The results show that the larger sized CMK-3 has higher specific surface area and pore volume, which led to a higher adsorption capacity and a faster adsorption rate. It is believed that the synthetic method reported here is powerful for developing better mesoporous carbon for application in water purification and catalysis.
KeywordsSBA-15 CMK-3 size control adsorption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Guan, B. Y.; Wang, T.; Zeng, S. J.; Wang, X.; An, D.; Wang, D. M.; Cao, Y.; Ma, D. X.; Liu, Y. L.; Huo, Q. S. A versatile cooperative template-directed coating method to synthesize hollow and yolk-shell mesoporous zirconium titanium oxide nanospheres as catalytic reactors. Nano Res. 2014, 7, 246–262.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Wang, H. J.; Jeong, H. Y.; Imura, M.; Wang, L.; Radhakrishnan, L.; Fujita, N.; Castle, T.; Terasaki O.; Yamauchi, Y. Shape- and size-controlled synthesis in hard templates: Sophisticated chemical reduction for mesoporous monocrystalline platinum nanoparticles. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 14526–14529.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zhao, D. Y.; Yang, P. D.; Margolese, D. I.; Stucky, G. D. Synthesis of continuous mesoporous silica thin films with three-dimensional accessible pore structures. Chem. Commun. 1998, 2499–2500.Google Scholar
- Yu, C. Z.; Tian, B. Z.; Fan, J.; Stucky, G. D.; Zhao, D. Y. Salt effect in the synthesis of mesoporous silica templated by non-ionic block copolymers. Chem. Commun. 2001, 2726–2727.Google Scholar
- Ma, L. Q.; Zhai, S. R.; Liu, N.; Zhai, B.; An, Q. D. Controlled fabrication and application of platelet SBA-15 materials. Prog. Chem. 2012, 24, 471–482.Google Scholar