Porous ternary complex metal oxide nanoparticles converted from core/shell nanoparticles
- First Online:
- 258 Downloads
We demonstrate an easy and scalable low-temperature process to convert porous ternary complex metal oxide nanoparticles from solution-synthesized core/shell metal oxide nanoparticles by thermal annealing. The final products demonstrate superior electrochemical properties with a large capacity and high stability during fast charging/discharging cycles for potential applications as advanced lithium-ion battery (LIB) electrode materials. In addition, a new breakdown mechanism was observed on these novel electrode materials.
Keywordsternary complex metal oxide porous nanoparticle lithium-ion battery core/shell nanoparticles
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hu, L.; Zhong, H.; Zheng, X.; Huang, Y.; Zhang, P.; Chen, Q. MnCo2O4 spinel hierarchical microspheres assembled with porous nanosheets as stable anodes for lithium-ion batteries. Sci. Rep. 2012, 2, 986.Google Scholar
- Wang, Y. X. Superparamagnetic iron oxide based MRI contrast agents: Current status of clinical application. Quant. Imaging Med. Surg. 2011, 1, 35–40.Google Scholar
- Lee, J.; Yang, J.; Ko, H.; Oh, S.; Kang, J.; Son, J.; Lee, K.; Lee, S. W.; Yoon, H. G.; Suh, J. S. et al. Multifunctional magnetic gold nanocomposites: Human epithelial cancer detection via magnetic resonance imaging and localized synchronous therapy. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2008, 18, 258–264.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Mohamed, S. G.; Hung, T.-F.; Chen, C.-J.; Chen, C. K.; Hu, S.-F.; Liu, R.-S. Efficient energy storage capabilities promoted by hierarchical ZnMn2O4 nanowire-based architectures. RSC Adv. 2014, 4, 17230–17235.Google Scholar
- Wu, H.; Yu, G.; Pan, L.; Liu, N.; McDowell, M. T.; Bao, Z.; Cui, Y. Stable Li-ion battery anodes by in-situ polymerization of conducting hydrogel to conformally coat silicon nanoparticles. Nat. Commun. 2013, 4, 1943.Google Scholar