Low Expression LncRNA TUBA4B is a Poor Predictor of Prognosis and Regulates Cell Proliferation in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- 340 Downloads
We aimed to unveil the clinical roles and biological function of lncRNA TUBA4B in on-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). The relative expression level of TUBA4B was estimated by qPCR in 114 pairs of NSCLC and NT samples and the relation of TUBA4B to clinical data of NSCLC patients was analyzed. We found TUBA4B was lower expressed in NSCLC and five cell lines. The lower expression of TUBA4B was remarkably correlated with advanced TNM stage and lymph node metastasis and served as a predictor for overall survival of NSCLC. After overexpression of TUBA4B, cell proliferation ability of A549 and NCI-H1299 remarkably decreased. Our study ascertained low expression TUBA4B in NSCLC tissue, cell lines and is a poor predictor for prognosis and can regulate cell proliferation in NSCLC.
KeywordsNon-small cell lung cancer lncRNAs TUBA4B Prognosis
Funding/Grant Support/Acknowledgments: This study was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (8140736), the Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation (LQ16H160020), and the Wenzhou Municipal Science and Technology Bureau, China (Y20150097).
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest Statement
These conflicts did not interfere with the conduct of this study. All other authors have no other conflict of interest to declare.
- 1.Jemal A, Murray T, Ward E, Samuels A, Tiwari RC, Ghafoor A, Feuer EJ, Thun MJ. Cancer statistics, 2005. CA: a cancer journal for clinicians. 2005;55:10–30.Google Scholar
- 4.Chen CH, Lai JM, Chou TY, Chen CY, Su LJ, Lee YC, Cheng TS, Hong YR, Chou CK, Whang-Peng J, Wu YC, Huang CY. VEGFA upregulates FLJ10540 and modulates migration and invasion of lung cancer via PI3K/AKT pathway. PLoS One 2009;4:e5052.Google Scholar
- 5.Ogawa E, Takenaka K, Katakura H, Adachi M, Otake Y, Toda Y, Kotani H, Manabe T, Wada H, Tanaka F (2008) Perimembrane aurora-a expression is a significant prognostic factor in correlation with proliferative activity in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Ann Surg Oncol 15:547–554CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 6.Rachet B, Woods LM, Mitry E, Riga M, Cooper N, Quinn MJ, Steward J, Brenner H, Esteve J, Sullivan R, Coleman MP. Cancer survival in England and Wales at the end of the twentieth century. Br J Cancer 2008;99 Suppl 1:S2–10.Google Scholar
- 8.Gupta RA, Shah N, Wang KC, Kim J, Horlings HM, Wong DJ, Tsai MC, Hung T, Argani P, Rinn JL, Wang Y, Brzoska P, Kong B, Li R, West RB, van de Vijver MJ, Sukumar S, Chang HY (2010) Long non-coding RNA HOTAIR reprograms chromatin state to promote cancer metastasis. Nature 464:1071–1076CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 9.Zhang H, Chen Z, Wang X, Huang Z, He Z, Chen Y. Long non-coding RNA: a new player in cancer. J Hematol Oncol 2013;6:37.Google Scholar
- 12.Gibb EA, Brown CJ, Lam WL (2011) The functional role of long non-coding RNA in human carcinomas. Mol Cancer 10:–38Google Scholar
- 13.Ji P, Diederichs S, Wang W, Boing S, Metzger R, Schneider PM, Tidow N, Brandt B, Buerger H, Bulk E, Thomas M, Berdel WE, Serve H, Muller-Tidow C (2003) MALAT-1, a novel noncoding RNA, and thymosin beta4 predict metastasis and survival in early-stage non-small cell lung cancer. Oncogene 22:8031–8041CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 15.Yang Y, Li H, Hou S, Hu B, Liu J, Wang J (2013) The noncoding RNA expression profile and the effect of lncRNA AK126698 on cisplatin resistance in non-small-cell lung cancer cell. PLoS One 8:–e65309Google Scholar
- 16.Han L, Kong R, Yin DD, Zhang EB, TP X, De W, Shu YQ (2013) Low expression of long noncoding RNA GAS6-AS1 predicts a poor prognosis in patients with NSCLC. Med Oncol 30:–694Google Scholar
- 17.Ren S, Peng Z, Mao JH, Yu Y, Yin C, Gao X, Cui Z, Zhang J, Yi K, Xu W, Chen C, Wang F, Guo X, Lu J, Yang J, Wei M, Tian Z, Guan Y, Tang L, Xu C, Wang L, Gao X, Tian W, Wang J, Yang H, Wang J, Sun Y (2012) RNA-seq analysis of prostate cancer in the Chinese population identifies recurrent gene fusions, cancer-associated long noncoding RNAs and aberrant alternative splicings. Cell Res 22:806–821CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 20.Khachane AN, Harrison PM. Mining mammalian transcript data for functional long non-coding RNAs. PLoS One 2010;5:e10316.Google Scholar
- 21.Loh YH, Wu Q, Chew JL, Vega VB, Zhang W, Chen X, Bourque G, George J, Leong B, Liu J, Wong KY, Sung KW, Lee CW, Zhao XD, Chiu KP, Lipovich L, Kuznetsov VA, Robson P, Stanton LW, Wei CL, Ruan Y, Lim B, Ng HH (2006) The Oct4 and Nanog transcription network regulates pluripotency in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nat Genet 38:431–440CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar