Evaluation of Antibody-Dependent Enhancement of SARS-CoV Infection in Rhesus Macaques Immunized with an Inactivated SARS-CoV Vaccine
- 91 Downloads
This work was supported by the Chinese Medicine Foundation and Opening Foundation of State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan University (No. 2016KF010).
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest to disclose.
Animal and Human Rights Statement
All of the study protocols and procedures were approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee of Wuhan University.
- Jaume M, Yip MS, Cheung CY, Leung HL, Li PH, Kien F, Dutry I, Callendret B, Escriou N, Altmeyer R, Nal B, Daëron M, Bruzzone R, Peiris JS (2011) Anti-severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike antibodies trigger infection of human immune cells via a pH- and cysteine protease-independent FcgammaR pathway. J Virol 85:10582–10597CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- Kam YW, Kien F, Roberts A, Cheung YC, Lamirande EW, Vogel L, Chu SL, Tse J, Guarner J, Zaki SR, Subbarao K, Peiris M, Nal B, Altmeyer R (2007) Antibodies against trimeric S glycoprotein protect hamsters against SARS-CoV challenge despite their capacity to mediate FcgammaRII-dependent entry into B cells in vitro. Vaccine 25:729–740CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Qin E, Shi H, Tang L, Wang C, Chang G, Ding Z, Zhao K, Wang J, Chen Z, Yu M, Si B, Liu J, Wu D, Cheng X, Yang B, Peng W, Meng Q, Liu B, Han W, Yin X, Duan H, Zhan D, Tian L, Li S, Wu J, Tan G, Li Y, Li Y, Liu Y, Liu H, Lv F, Zhang Y, Kong X, Fan B, Jiang T, Xu S, Wang X, Li C, Wu X, Deng Y, Zhao M, Zhu Q (2006) Immunogenicity and protective efficacy in monkeys of purified inactivated Vero-cell SARS vaccine. Vaccine 24:1028–1034CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Reed LJ, Muench H (1938) A simple method of estimating fifty percent endpoints. Am J Hyg 27:493–497Google Scholar
- Rota PA, Oberste MS, Monroe SS, Nix WA, Campagnoli R, Icenogle JP, Peñaranda S, Bankamp B, Maher K, Chen MH, Tong S, Tamin A, Lowe L, Frace M, DeRisi JL, Chen Q, Wang D, Erdman DD, Peret TC, Burns C, Ksiazek TG, Rollin PE, Sanchez A, Liffick S, Holloway B, Limor J, McCaustland K, Olsen-Rasmussen M, Fouchier R, Günther S, Osterhaus AD, Drosten C, Pallansch MA, Anderson LJ, Bellini WJ (2003) Characterization of a novel coronavirus associated with severe acute respiratory syndrome. Science 300:1394–1399CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Woo PC, Lau SK, Tsoi HW, Chen ZW, Wong BH, Zhang L, Chan JK, Wong LP, He W, Ma C, Chan KH, Ho DD, Yuen KY (2005) SARS coronavirus spike polypeptide DNA vaccine priming with recombinant spike polypeptide from Escherichia coli as booster induces high titer of neutralizing antibody against SARS coronavirus. Vaccine 23:4959–4968CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar