Prevalence of Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus in Uygur and Han populations from the Urumqi and Kashgar regions of Xinjiang, China
- 188 Downloads
KeywordsKaposi’s sarcoma associated herpesvirus (KSHV) prevalence Uygur ethnicity Han ethnicity Xinjiang
This study was supported by research grants from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (U1603117; 81560473; 81560442), Doctoral Foundation and Technology Research and Achievements Transformation Program of Xinjiang production and Construction Corps (2014BB021; 2015AD003), the United States National Institutes of Health Fogarty International Center (D43 TW001492), NCI (CA75903) and NCRR COBRE (RR15635) to C. Wood; Y. Zeng was a Fogarty Scholar.
- Du W, Chen G, Sun H. 2000. Antibody to human herpesvirus type 8 in the general populations of Xinjiang Autonomous Region. Chinese J Exp Clin Virol, 14: 44–46.Google Scholar
- Fujii T, Taguchi H, Katano H, Mori S, Nakamura T, Nojiri N, Nakajima K, Tadokoro K, Juji T, Iwamoto A. 1999. Seroprevalence of human herpesvirus 8 in human immunodeficiency virus 1-positive and human immunodeficiency virus 1-negative populations in Japan. J Med Virol, 57: 159–162.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Minhas V, Crabtree KL, Chao A, M’soka TJ, Kankasa C, Bulterys M, Mitchell CD, Wood C. 2008. Early childhood infection by human herpesvirus 8 in Zambia and the role of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 coinfection in a highly endemic area. Am J Epidemiol, 168: 311–320.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- Minhas V, Crosby LN, Crabtree KL, Phiri S, M’soka TJ, Kankasa C, Harrington WJ, Mitchell CD, Wood C. 2008. Development of an immunofluorescence assay using recombinant proteins expressed in insect cells to screen and confirm presence of human herpesvirus 8-specific antibodies. Clin Vaccine Immunol, 15: 1259–1264.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- Wang G, Zhao Y, Chen H. 2002. Detection of human herpesvirus 8 in healthy blood donors in Northeast China. Chinese Journal of dermatology, 17: 15–18.Google Scholar
- Whitby D, Howard MR, Tenant-Flowers M, Brink NS, Copas A, Boshoff C, Hatzioannou T, Suggett, FE, Aldam DM, Denton AS. 1995. Detection of Kaposi sarcoma associated herpesvirus in peripheral blood of HIV-infected individuals and progression to Kaposi’s sarcoma. Lancet, 346: 799–802.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Yoshida M, Torigoe S, Ikeue K, Yamada M. 2002. Neutralizing antibody responses to human herpesviruses 6 and 7 do not cross-react with each other, and maternal neutralizing antibodies contribute to sequential infection with these viruses in childhood. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol, 9: 388–393.PubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
Open Access This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (https:// creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.