Preparation of zero-valent Co/N-CNFs as an immobilized thin film onto graphite disc for methanol electrooxidation
- 71 Downloads
In this study, we developed new method to prepare one-pot current collector/electrode plate to be utilized in the fuel cell technology. In situ preparation of zero-valent N-doped Co carbon nanofibers (Co/N-CNFs) as an immobilized thin film onto graphite disc was achieved by electrospinning technique, followed by calcination at 1100 oC in argon atmosphere. This catalyst was used for methanol electrooxidation in alkaline media. The effects of nitrogen doping and immobilization on the activity and stability of the prepared catalysts were studied using cyclic voltammetry and chronoamperometry, respectively. SEM, TEM, EDX, XRD, and TGA were used to characterize the morphology and composition of Co/N-CNFs catalysts. The results showed that the electrocatalytic activity as well as the stability of Co/N-CNFs towards methanol electrooxidation in alkaline media were significantly affected by both nitrogen doping and immobilization of the catalyst on the graphite disc. Moreover, the methanol concentration has also affected the electrocatalytic activity of Co/N-CNFs-supported immobilized onto graphite disc and Co/N-CNFs-unsupported graphite disc.
KeywordsCobalt Carbon nanofibers Methanol electrooxidation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.S. K. Kamarudin, W. R. W. Daud, S. L. Ho, and U. A. Hasran, J. Power Sources, 163, 743 (2007).Google Scholar
- 25.R. M. da Costa Monteiro, Msc. Dissertation, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 2008.Google Scholar
- 26.S. P. Gubin, Y. I. Spichkin, Y. A. Koksharov, G. Y. Yurkov, A. V. Kozinkin, T. I. Nedoseikina, M. S. Korobov, and A. M. Tishin, J. Magn. Magn. Mater., 265, 234 (2003).Google Scholar
- 29.A. J. Bard and L. R. Faulkner, “Electrochemical Methods: Fundamentals and Applications”, 2nd ed., pp.226–260, John Wiley & Sons, Texas, 2001.Google Scholar
- 33.N. A. M. Barakat, M. H. El-Newehy, A. S. Yassin, Z. K. Gouri, and S. S. Al-Deyab, Appl. Catal. A-Gen., 510, 180 (2016).Google Scholar
- 36.M. Fleischmann and K. Korinek, D. Pletcher, 31, 39 (1971).Google Scholar