Research on PSA-MFAC for a novel bionic elbow joint system actuated by pneumatic artificial muscles
- 266 Downloads
A 3-DOF bionic elbow joint actuated by Pneumatic artificial muscle (PAM) was designed in this paper, and its inverse kinematics model was also established. Then, based on the Model-free adaptive control (MFAC) theory and the effects of control parameters to the control system, a Parameter self-adjust Model-free adaptive control (PSA-MFAC) strategy was proposed, and its adaptability for different control objects was also tested in simulation environment. Combined with the inverse kinematics model, motion control experiments of the bionic elbow joint were conducted in semi-physical platform. Compared with conventional MFAC and PID control algorithm, the experiment results strongly verified the improvement of PSA-MFAC control accuracy. The tracking accuracy of conventional MFAC and PID controller were 9.5 % and 15 %, respectively, in contrast, the PSA-MFAC controller was only 3.8 %. Moreover, complex dynamics modelling of the elbow joint and adjusting process of control parameters were neglected in PSA-MFAC control system.
KeywordsPAM Bionic elbow joint Inverse kinematics model PSA-MFAC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. A. Baldwin, Realizable models of muscle function, Proceedings of the First Rock Biomechanics Symposium, New York 1969 139–148.Google Scholar
- D. G. Caldwell, A. Razak and M. J. Goodwin, Braided pneumatic muscle actuators, proceedings of the IFAC conference on intelligent autonomous vehicles, Southampton 1993 507–512.Google Scholar
- Sawicki and Ferris, A pneumatically powered knee-anklefoot orthosis (KAFO) with myoelectric activation and inhibition, Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 6 (23) (2009) 1–16.Google Scholar
- K. Junius, P. Cherelle, B. Brackx, J. Geeroms, T. Schepers, B. Vanderborght and D. Lefeber, On the use of adaptable compliant actuators in prosthetics, rehabilitation and assistive robotics, Robot Motion and Control (2013).Google Scholar
- J. Wang, Y. Jin and Z. Tang, Mechanism design and realization of joint of pneumatic muscle of manipulator, Machinetool & Hydraulics, 37 (7) (2009) 86–92 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- G. Andrikopoulos, G. Nikolakopoulos, I. Arvanitakis and S. Manesis, Switching model predictive control of a pneumatic artificial muscle, International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, 11 (6) (2013) 1223–1231.Google Scholar