Development of a customizable web-based process analysis system for continuous process management
- 105 Downloads
In order to manage and control the quality of products in a real-time manner, a statistical process control methodology, one of the most popular quality control activities, is utilized as a software service in many manufacturing industries. However, these quality control systems are not affordable to small and medium sized industries due to their expense in installation, difficulty, inflexibility and lack of post management in the systems. To satisfy all the various requested given by the enterprises, we propose a customizable web-based process analysis system with user-centered design that enables continuous process management. The methodologies for constructing such a customizable web-based process analysis system are suggested first. Then, these methodologies are implanted into the suggested system, Process analysis system (PAS) and each process is described in detail. PAS is utilized in the concrete manufacturing process to observe a continuous process improvement. Lastly, the suggestions for PAS in future are discussed in this paper.
KeywordsStatistical process control Control charts Process analysis system User-centered design Small and medium-sized enterprises
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. S. Oakland, Statistical process control, Oxford UK: Butterworth-Heinemann 2008 37–38.Google Scholar
- S. K. Lee, C. W. Jin and T. S. Kim, System modeling for web service based on service-oriented architecture, Korean Society for Simulation, 16 (1) (2007) 49–57.Google Scholar
- H. K. Tonshoff, R. Apitz, A. D. Lattner and C. Schlieder, Know work -An approach to co-ordinate knowledge within technical sales, design and process planning departments, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising, Bremen, Germany 2001 231–239.Google Scholar
- H. S. Park and G. B. Lee, Product development processes supported by integrated telecooperation system for small and medium manufacturing enterprises, International J. of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 5 (2) (2004) 5–15.Google Scholar
- W. Laosiritaworn and T. Bunjongjit, Visual basic application for statistical process control: A case of metal frame for actuator production process, Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists, 3 (2010) 1878–1883.Google Scholar
- M. N. A. Rahman, R. M. Zain, Z. M. Nopiah, A. R. Ismail, B. Deros, S. A. Rahman, J. A. Ghani and N. Muhamad, Development of online SMEs-SPC computer based system, Proceedings of the 11th WSEAS International Conference on Automatic Control, Modelling and Simulation, Istanbul, Turkey 2009 225–229.Google Scholar
- J. D. Kim, S. B. Choi, J. M. Lee, M. K. Kim, S. C. Choi, I. J. Hwang and J. B. Choi, Conceptual design of a web-based LNG plant management system through adoption of the integrated environment for design and maintenance, J. of Mechanical Science and Technology, 28 (9) (2014) 3759–3767.CrossRefGoogle Scholar