Kinematics analysis of a novel planar parallel manipulator with kinematic redundancy
- 199 Downloads
In this paper, a novel planar parallel manipulator with kinematic redundancy is proposed. First, the Degrees of freedom (DOF) of the whole parallel manipulator and the Relative DOF (RDOF) between the moving platform and fixed base are studied. The results indicate that the proposed mechanism is kinematically redundant. Then, the kinematics, Jacobian matrices and workspace of this proposed parallel manipulator with kinematic redundancy are analyzed. Finally, the statics simulation of the proposed parallel manipulator is performed. The obtained stress and displacement distribution can be used to determine the easily destroyed place in the mechanism configurations.
KeywordsPlanar parallel manipulator Kinematic redundancy DOF RDOF Displacement distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Kock and W. Schumacher, A parallel x-y manipulator with actuation redundancy for high-speed and active-stiffness applications, Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Leuven, Belgium (1998) 2295–2300.Google Scholar
- C. X. Yan, G. P. He and Z. Lu, Force distribution of plane 2-DOF overactuated parallel manipulator with fault tolerance, Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 34 (2) (2008) 244–248.Google Scholar
- C. X. Yan, C. L. Yan and Z. Lu, Approach to coordinate driving torque of redundant actuated parallel manipulator based on weighted matrix, Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition), 38 (5) (2008) 1215–1219.Google Scholar
- H. B. Qu, Y. F. Fang and S. Guo, Structural synthesis of a class of wrist mechanisms with redundantly-actuated closedloop units, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 230 (2) (2016) 276–290.Google Scholar
- J. Kotlarski, B. Heimann and T. Ortmaier, Experimental validation of the influence of kinematic redundancy on the pose accuracy of parallel kinematic machines, Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Shanghai, China (2011) 1923–1929.Google Scholar
- J. Kotlarski, H. Abdellatif and B. Heimann, Improving the pose accuracy of a planar 3RRR parallel manipulator using kinematic redundancy and optimized switching patterns, Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Pasadena, California, USA (2008) 3863–3868.Google Scholar
- H. B. Qu and S. Guo, Structural Synthesis of Redundant Parallel Robots and Its Applications, Science Press, Beijing, China (2016).Google Scholar
- Z. Huang, J. F. Liu and Y. W. Li, Degree of Freedom of Mechanism—General Formula of Degree of Freedom Looked for 150 Years, Science Press, Beijing, China (2011).Google Scholar
- H. B. Qu, S. Guo and Y. Zhang, A novel relative degree-offreedom criterion for a class of parallel manipulators with kinematic redundancy and its applications, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, Online, Doi: 10.1177/0954406216664756 (2016).Google Scholar