Surface quality prediction model of nano-composite ceramics in ultrasonic vibration-assisted ELID mirror grinding
- 127 Downloads
Ultrasonic vibration-assisted Electrolytic in-process dressing (ELID) grinding is a highly efficient and highly precise machining method. The surface quality prediction model in ultrasonic vibration-assisted ELID mirror grinding was studied. First, the interaction between grits and workpiece surface was analyzed according to kinematic mechanics, and the surface roughness model was developed. The variations in surface roughness under different parameters was subsequently calculated and analyzed by MATLAB. Results indicate that compared with the ordinary ELID grinding, ultrasonic vibration-assisted ELID grinding is superior, because it has more stable and better surface quality and has an improved range of ductile machining.
KeywordsPrediction model Surface quality Nano-composite ceramics Ultrasonic Electrolytic in process dressing Mirror grinding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Wang, S. Takeo and Y. Hitomi, Study of magnetic field assisted mechanochemical polishing process for inner surface of Si3N4 ceramic components finishing characteristics under wet finishing using distilled water, International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, 44 (2004) 1547–1553.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- M. Novak, H. Kasuga and H. Ohmori, Differences at the surface roughness by the ELID and grinding technology, Manufacturing Technology, 13 (2013) 210–215.Google Scholar
- F. Chen, B. Zhao, X. F. Jia and X. B. Wang, Material removal rate for nanocomposite ceramics in ultrasoundaided electrolytic in process dressing, Part C: J Mechanical Engineering Science (2016) 1–12.Google Scholar
- Z. Liu, B. Zhao, Y. Y. Zheng and P. Y. Pian, Simulation on mechanism of ceramic removal by ultrasonic ELID composite grinding, Ordnance Material Science and Engineering, 37 (2014) 27–31 (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- Z. Y. Xia and N. W. Zhang, Jixie Jiagong Shiyong Shouce, Hefei: Anhui science and technology publishing house, China (2008).Google Scholar