Fault diagnosis of rotating machine by thermography method on support vector machine
- 444 Downloads
Feature-based classification techniques consist of data acquisition, preprocessing, feature representation, feature calculation, feature selection, and classifiers. They are useful for online, real-time condition monitoring and fault diagnosis / features, which are now available with the development of information technologies and various measurement techniques. In this paper, an intelligent feature-based fault diagnosis is suggested, developed, and compared with vibration signals and thermal images. Fault diagnosis is performed using thermal imaging along with support vector machine (SVM) classification to simulate machinery faults, resulting in an accuracy level comparable to vibration signals. The observed results show that fault diagnosis using thermal images for rotating machines can be applied to industrial areas as a novel intelligent fault diagnostic method with plausible accuracy. It can be also proposed as a unique non-contact method to analyze rotating systems in mass production lines within a short time.
KeywordsCondition monitoring Fault diagnosis Rotating machine Support vector machine (SVM) Thermal image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. H Williams, A. Davies and P. R. Drake, Condition-based Maintenance and Machine Diagnostics, Chapman & Hall, London (1994).Google Scholar
- A. Barber, Handbook of noise and vibration control, 6th Ed., Elsevier Advanced Technology Publications, UK (1992).Google Scholar
- B. S. Yang, D. S. Lim and J. L. An, Vibration diagnostic system of rotating machinery using artificial neural network and wavelet transform, Proc. 13 th International Congress on COMADEM, Houston, USA (2000) 12–20.Google Scholar
- P. De Choudhury and E. W. Barth, A comparison of film temperature and oil discharge temperature for a tilting-pad jounal bearing, J. lubrication Technology, 103 (1) (1981) 115.Google Scholar
- A. Mazioud, L. Ibos, A. Khlaif and J. F. Durastant, Detection of rolling bearing degradation using infrared thermography, Proc. of 9 th International Conference on Quantitative Infrared Thermography, Krakow, Poland, July (2008).Google Scholar
- Colour Theory: Understanding and modelling colour, (http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/stillimages/advice/colour-theory-understanding-and-modelling-colour/).Google Scholar
- CIEL*a*b* Color Scale, Hunterlab application Notes, 8 7 (2008).Google Scholar