A generalized self-consistent model for interfacial debonding behavior of fiber reinforced rubber matrix sealing composites
- 60 Downloads
This paper presents an experimental and numerical study of short-fiber-reinforced rubber matrix sealing composites (SFRC). The transverse tensile stress-strain curves of SFRC are obtained by experiments. Based on the generalized self-consistent method, a representative volume element (RVE) model is established, and the cohesive zone model is employed to investigate the interfacial failure behavior. The effect of interphase properties on the interfacial debonding behavior of SFRC is numerically investigated. The results indicate that an interphase thickness of 0.3 μm and an interphase elastic modulus of about 502MPa are optimal to restrain the initiation of the interfacial debonding. The interfacial debonding of SFRC mainly occurs between the matrix/interphase interface, which agrees well with results by scanning electron microscope (SEM).
Keywordsfiber rubber composites interphase interfacial debonding
CLC numberTB 332
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ZHANG B, GU B Q, YU X M. Failure behavior of resorcinol-formaldehyde latex coated aramid shortfiber-reinforced rubber sealing under transverse tension [J]. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2015, 132: 41672. DOI: 10.1002/app.41672 (published online).Google Scholar
- ZHANG Y Y, ZHU S W, LIU Y, et al. The mechanical and tribological properties of nitric acid-treated carbon fiber-reinforced polyoxymethylene composites [J]. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2015, 132: 41812. DIO: 10.1002/app.41812 (published online).Google Scholar
- WANG X Q, ZHAO W T, FANG B, et al. Micromechanical analysis of long fiber-reinforced composites with nanoparticle incorporation into the interphase region [J]. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2015, 132: 41573. DOI: 10.1002/app.41573 (published online).Google Scholar
- ZHANG B, GU B Q, YU X M. Prediction method for longitudinal tensile-modulus of aramid short-fiberreinforced rubber sealing composites [J]. Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2015, 49(1): 96–100 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- YU X M, GU B Q, ZHANG B. Effects of short fiber tip geometry and inhomogeneous interphase on the stress distribution of rubber matrix sealing composites [J]. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2015, 132: 41638. DOI: 10.1002/app.41638 (published online).Google Scholar