Cross-correlation frequency-resolved optical gating scheme based on a periodically poled lithium niobate waveguide for an optical arbitrary waveform measurement
- 39 Downloads
This study proposes a novel scheme of a crosscorrelation frequency-resolved optical gating (X-FROG) measurement for an optical arbitrary waveform (OAW) based on the sum frequency generation (SFG) effect of a periodically poled lithium niobate (PPLN) waveguide. Based on the SFG effect and combined with the principal component generalized projects algorithm on a matrix, the theory model of the scheme is established. Using Matlab, the proposed OAW measurement X-FROG scheme using the PPLN waveguide is simulated and studied. Simulation results show that a rectangular pulse is a suitable gate pulse because of its low errors. Moreover, the increased complexity of OAW and phase mismatch decrease measurement accuracy.
Keywordsoptical arbitrary waveform (OAW) measurement periodically poled lithium niobate (PPLN) cross-correlation frequency-resolved optical gating (X-FROG)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Related studies were supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61275067), the Natural Science Research Project of Jiangsu University (No. BK2012830) and the open fund of State Key Laboratory of Advanced Optical Communication Systems and Networks, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China (No. 2015GZKF03006).
- 14.Geisler D J, Fontaine N K, Scott R P, Paraschis L. Flexible bandwidth arbitrary modulation format, coherent optical transmission system scalable to terahertz BW. In: Proceedings of IEEE 37th European Conference and Exhibition on Optical Communication (ECOC), 2011, 1–3Google Scholar
- 16.Tien E K, Sang X Z, Feng Q, Qi S, Boyraz O. Ultrafast pulse characterization by cross-phase modulation in silicon waveguide. In: Proceedings of IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society, 2008, 306–307Google Scholar
- 17.Xu L, Zeek E, Trebino R. Measuring very complex ultrashort pulses using frequency-resolved optical gating (FROG). Topics in Applied Physics, 2004, 95: 231–264Google Scholar
- 19.Wong T C, Ratner J, Chauhan V, Cohen J, Vaughan P M, Xu L, Consoli A, Trebino R. Simultaneously measuring two ultrashort laser pulses on a single-shot using double-blind frequency-resolved optical gating. Journal of the Optical Society of America B, Optical Physics, 2012, 29(6): 1237–1244CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Pang J. Ultrashort pulse measurement based on microstructure fiber. Dissertation for the Doctoral Degree. Beijing: Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, 2012Google Scholar
- 21.Wong T C, Trebino R. Measuring many-picosecond-long ultrashort pulses on a single shot using XFROG and pulse-front tilt. In: Proceedings of Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO), 2013, 1–2Google Scholar
- 22.Wu P, Yang S. Spectral phase retrieval by dispersion-distorted frequency-resolved optical gating traces. In: Proceedings of Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics Pacific Rim (CLEO-PR), 2013, 1–2Google Scholar