Competition as a discovery procedure
- 300 Downloads
KeywordsMonetary Policy Quarterly Journal Real Wage Full Employment Relative Wage
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See the interesting discussion of these problems in M. Polyani, The Logic of Liberty (London, 1951), in which the author is led from a study of the methods of scientific research to that of economic competition. See also K.R. Popper, Logik der Forschung, 2d. ed. (Tübingen, 1966), p. 16.Google Scholar
- 2.See my essay “The Theory of Complex Phenomena” in The Critical Approach in Science and Philosophy, M. Bunge, ed. (London and New York, 1964). Reprinted in my Studies in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (Chicago and London, 1967).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Schumpeter, Das Wesen und der Hauptinhalt der theoretischen Nationalökonomie (Leipzig, 1908), p. 97.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Hardin, Nature and Man’s Fate (New York and London, 1959). Mentor Edition, 1961, p. 54.Google Scholar
- 6.See A. Smith, Theorie der ethischen Gefühle, W. Eckstein, trans. (Leipzig,, 1926), vol. 2, pp. 396, 467.Google Scholar
© Springer 2002