The Journey of Newborn Screening: Inception to Conclusion
- 54 Downloads
Writing Group: Dr. Seema Kapoor, Dr. Arun Singh. Steering Group: Late Dr. SS Aggarwal (Chairperson), Dr. I C Verma, Dr. Veena Kalra, Dr. Vasantha Muthuswamy and Dr. Vijay Kumar.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
Source of Funding
Indian Council of Medical Research.
- 1.Ten great public health achievements. United States 2001–2010. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011;60:619–23.Google Scholar
- 2.Dutta R. ICMR to conduct first nation-wide newborn screening for genetic disorders. Express Healthcare Management [Internet]. 2005. Available at: http://www.expresshealthcaremgmt.com/20050915/coverstory01.shtml. Accessed on 7th June 2017.
- 5.ICMR Task Force on Inherited Metabolic Disorders. Newborn screening for congenital hypothyroidism and congenital adrenal hyperplasia: report of the ICMR National Task Force project. Indian J Pediatr. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12098-018-2645-9.
- 6.Kapoor S, Thelma BK. Status of newborn screening and inborn errors of metabolism in India: a brief review. Indian J Pediatr. 2018. (in press).Google Scholar
- 7.ICMR Task Force on Inherited Metabolic Disorders. High Risk stratified screening. Indian J Pediatr. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12098-017-2545-4.
- 8.ICMR Task Force on Inherited Metabolic Disorders. Normative data for thyroid stimulating hormone for screening of congenital hypothyroidism. Indian J Pediatr 2017. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12098-017-2550-7.
© Dr. K C Chaudhuri Foundation 2018