An approach of robust power control for cognitive radio networks based on chance constraints
The changing and fluctuations of channel gains are inevitable in wireless communication. In this paper, a robust power control scheme for cognitive radio networks is proposed with consideration of uncertain channel gains. With the uncertainty, an optimal power control problem is formulated, which keeps the outage probability both of cognitive and primary users below the given threshold and maximizes the sum-utility of cognitive users. The chance-constraint robust approach is applied to transform the uncertain parameters into the determining setting, which is convexity of the outage probability constraints. In order to make the optimization problem solve facilely, the optimization problem is transformed to a convex problem by a suitable relaxation and the exponential transformations. The distributed power control algorithm based on Lagrange dual decomposition is proposed further. Numerical results show the convergence and effectiveness of the proposed chance-constraint robust power control algorithm. The sum of utility is improved and the energy consumption is reduced compared with some existing algorithms.
KeywordsCognitive radio networks Uncertain channel gain Power control Robust optimization
This work is partly supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China under grant 61473247, the Natural Science Foundation of Hebei Province under grant F2017203140 and Science and Technology Research Projects in College of Hebei Province under grant QN2017416.
- 6.Long J, Dong M, Ota K, Liu A (2017) A green TDMA scheduling algorithm for prolonging lifetime in wireless sensor networks, IEEE Syst J, 11(2), pp 868–877Google Scholar
- 7.Rezki Z, Alouini MS (2011) On the capacity of cognitive radio under limited channel state information over fading channels. IEEE International Conference on Communications, pp 1–5Google Scholar
- 8.Liu Y, Xu D, Feng Z, Zhang P (2012) Outage capacity of cognitive radio in Rayleigh fading environments with imperfect channel information. J Inf Comput Sci 9(4):955–968Google Scholar
- 12.Sun S, Ni W, Zhu Y (2011) Robust power control in cognitive radio networks: a distributed way. IEEE International Conference on Communications:791–796Google Scholar
- 15.Parsaeefard S, Sharafat AR, Rasti M (2010) Robust probabilistic distributed power allocation by chance constraint approach. In: 21st Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, pp 115–119Google Scholar
- 18.Parsaeefard S, Sharafat AR, Rasti M (2012) Robust distributed power control in cognitive radio networks. IEEE Trans Mob Comput 56(8):3678–3689Google Scholar