Swept blade influence on aerodynamic performance of steam turbine nozzle cascades
- 27 Downloads
To improve the aerodynamic performance of steam turbine nozzle cascades, it is significant to study the effect of swept blades to control the flow field within the cascade. Numerical simulations of three different sweep angle blades (−20°, +20° and 0°) were carried out, using CFD modelling. Simulation results showed that the aft-swept blade can effectively improve the corresponding flow characteristics and reduce the total pressure loss. Meanwhile, it has better aerodynamic performance than the straight blade and the fore-swept blade.
KeywordsAft-swept blade fore-swept blade aerodynamic performance nozzle cascades
Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51774091; No. 51607035) and Heilongjiang Province Postgraduate Pedagogy Innovation Engineering Projects (No. JGXM_HLJ_2016043) have funded this research work.
- 2.Denton L D and Xu L 2002 The effects of lean and sweep on transonic fan performance: a computational study. ASME Int. Gas Turbine Inst. Pub. IGTI 5A: 23–32 Google Scholar
- 3.Shan P and Liu X Y 2000 Analysis on the aerodynamic behaviors of the swept leading edge shocks in high load axial compressors. Acta Aeronautica et Astronautica Sinica 21(2): 97–102Google Scholar
- 5.Zhou Z P, Zhao L D and Chen M Z 1998 Three-dimensional blading and its influence on blade aerodynamic loading. J. Aerosp. Power. 13(3): 235–240Google Scholar
- 6.Corsini A and Rispoli F 2003 The role of forward sweep in subsonic axial fan rotor aerodynamics at design and off-design operating conditions. ASME Int. Gas Turbine Inst. Pub. IGTI 6A: 543–553Google Scholar
- 7.Neubert R J, Gendrich C P 2003 HSCT forward swept fan performance. ASME Int. Gas Turbine Inst. Pub. IGTI 6A: 625–631Google Scholar
- 8.Yang A L and Chen K M 2000 Effects of the axial swept blade on aerodynamice-aeroacoustic performances of the turbine stator flow. Fluid Mach. 29(3): 25–28Google Scholar