Dirac equation with spin symmetry for the modified Pöschl–Teller potential in D dimensions
- 75 Downloads
We present solutions of the Dirac equation with spin symmetry for vector and scalar modified Pöschl–Teller potentials within the framework of an approximation of the centrifugal term. The relativistic energy spectrum is obtained using the Nikiforov–Uvarov method and the two-component spinor wave functions obtained are in terms of the Jacobi polynomials. It is found that there exist only positive energy states for bound states under spin symmetry, and the energy of a level with fixed value of n, increases with increase in dimension of space time and the potential range parameter α.
KeywordsDirac equation modified Pöschl–Teller potential spin symmetry Nikiforov–Uvarov method
PACS Nos03.65.Ge 03.65.Pm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W Greiner, Relativistic quantum mechanics (Spinger-Verlag, Berlin, 1981)Google Scholar
- A Erdelyi, Higher transcendental functions (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1953) Vol. 1Google Scholar
- J D Bjorken and S D Drell, Relativistic quantum mechanics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1964)Google Scholar
- C Fronsdal, Group theory and application to particle physics, Brandeis Summer Institute (Gordon and Breach, New York, 1962) Vol. 1Google Scholar
- M Abramowitz and I A Stegun, Handbook of mathematical functions with formulas, graphs, and mathematical tables (Dover, New York, 1970)Google Scholar