Multifragmentation and dynamics in heavy ion collisions
- 23 Downloads
A midrapidity zone formed in heavy-ion collisions has been investigated through special selections of light particles and intermediate mass fragments detected in the reaction 35Cl on 12C at 43 MeV/nucleon and the reactions 58Ni on 12C, 24Mg, and 197Au at 34.5 MeV/nucleon, and of neutron energy spectra measured in the reaction 35Cl on natTa. Properties of the observables have been examined to characterize the neck-like structure formed between the two reaction partners.
KeywordsHot nuclei multifragmentation equilibrium statistical emission dynamics neck emission
PACS Nos25.70.Lm 25.70.Mn
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D Durand, Nucl. Phys. A630, 52c (1998)Google Scholar
- L Gingras et al, XXXVI International Winter Meeting on Nuclear Physics (Bormio, Italy, 1998) p. 365Google Scholar
- Y Larochelle et al, Phys. Rev. C59, R565 (1999)Google Scholar
- A Guarnera, Ph D. thesis (University of Caen, France, 1996)Google Scholar
- Y Larochelle et al, Phys. Rev. C57, R1027 (1998)Google Scholar