Nuclear structure studies at Saha Institute of Nuclear Pysics using gamma detector arrays
- 31 Downloads
In-beam gamma-ray spectroscopy, carried out at the Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics in the recent past, using heavy-ion projectiles from the pelletron accelerator centres in the country and multi-detector arrays have yielded significant data on the structure of a large number of nuclei spanning different mass regions. The experiments included the study of two-fold γγ-coincidence events for establishing decay schemes, directional correlation of oriented nuclei (DCO) for help in spin assignments and Doppler shift attenuation for lifetime information. The studies have led to the observation of rotational sequences of states in nuclei near closed shell in the mass A=110 region, vibrational spectra in nuclei with A ∼ 60, interplay between single-particle and collective modes of excitation in the doubly-odd bromine isotopes, decoupled bands with large quadrupole deformation in 77Br, shape transition with rotational frequency within a band in 135Pm and octupole collectivity in 153Eu. Particle-rotor-model and cranked-shell-model calculations have been carried out to provide an understanding of the underlying nuclear structure.
KeywordsMulti-detector array nuclear structure
PACS Nos21.10.-k 21.10.Tg 21.60.Er
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G Gangopadhyay, A K Singh, D Banerjee, R Bhattacharya, R K Bhowmik, S Muralithar, G Rodrigues, R P Singh, A Goswami, S Bhattacharya, B Dasmahapatra and S Sen, Z. Phys. A351, 1 (1995)Google Scholar
- D R LaFosse, D B Fossan, J R Hughes, Y Liang, P Vaska, M P Waring, J Y Zhang, R M Clark, R Wadsworth, S A Forbes and E S Paul, Phys. Rev. C51, R2876 (1995)Google Scholar
- B A Brown, A Etchengoyen, W D M Rae, N S Godwin, Computer code OXBASH (1984)Google Scholar
- I Ray, P Banerjee, S Bhattacharya, A Goswami, S Muralithar, R P Singh and R K Bhowmik, to be communicatedGoogle Scholar
- I Ray, P Banerjee, S Bhattacharya, A Goswami, S Muralithar, R P Singh and R K Bhowmik, Proc. DAE Symp. on Nucl. Phys. B43, 211 (2000)Google Scholar
- Hariprakash Sharma, B Sethi, P Banerjee, Ranjana Goswami, R K Bhandari and Jahan Singh, Phys. Rev. C63, 014313-1 (2001)Google Scholar