Investigation of localization effect in GaN-rich InGaN alloys and modified band-tail model
- 185 Downloads
The temperature-dependent PL properties of GaN-rich In x Ga1 − x N alloys is investigated and S-shaped temperature dependence is observed in all InGaN samples. It is found that the origin of localization effect in samples A and B are different from that in sample C. For samples A and B, In content fluctuations should be the origin of localization effect, while the localization effect can be attributed to In-rich clusters and metallic indium inclusions for sample C. In addition, the band-tail model is modified and the modified band-tail model is used to investigate the degree of localization effect in the three samples.
KeywordsInGaN localization effect temperature dependence modified band-tail model
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (60906025).
- Caetano C, Teles L K and Marques M 2006 Phys. Rev. B74 045215Google Scholar
- Ferhat M and Bechstedt F 2002 Phys. Rev. B65 075213Google Scholar
- Liu J Z and Zunger A 2008 Phys. Rev. B77 205201Google Scholar
- Saito T and Arakawa Y 1999 Phys. Rev. B60 1701Google Scholar
- Xu Z Y et al 2001 Phys. Rev. B54 11528Google Scholar