Low-field magnetization process and complex permeability of FeCoBSiTa wires coated with hard magnetic CoNi layer
- 106 Downloads
Biphase wires consisting of a soft magnetic amorphous nucleus surrounded by a hard magnetic CoNi layer of variable thickness were obtained by means of rotating water-quenching method and subsequent electroplating technique. Magnetization processes for all the biphase wires were resolved in terms of reversible bulging of magnetic domains and spin rotation by means of complex permeability measurements within the frequency range of 10 Hz–13 MHz. Results are interpreted in terms of CoNi layer effect on the magnetic anisotropy of the soft core.
KeywordsBiphase wires soft/hard magnetic materials amorphous wires
One of the authors (SB) is grateful to Armando L Valencia and acknowledges the scholarship granted by DGEP-UNAM. (IB) acknowledges the financial support from Research Grant IN106808 PAPIIT-UNAM.
- Chikazumi S 1978 Physics of magnetism (New York: Krieger R E Pub. Co.)Google Scholar
- Hernando A and Marín P 2005 Magnetic microwires: Manufacture, properties and applications, concise encyclopedia of magnetic and superconducting materials (ed.) K H J Buschow (Amsterdam: Elsevier) 2nd ed.Google Scholar
- Torrejón J 2008 PhD dissertation, Autonomous University of Madrid, MadridGoogle Scholar
- Valenzuela R 2002 Mater. Res. Symp. 699 127Google Scholar
- Valenzuela R 2007 The frequency response of magnetic materials, in Magnetic materials: Current topics in amorphous wires, hard magnetic alloys, ceramics, characterization and modelling (ed.) I Betancourt (Kerala: Research SignPost)Google Scholar
- Vázquez M 2007 Handbook of magnetism and advanced magnetic materials: Advanced magnetic microwires (eds) H Kronmüller and S Parking (Chichester: Wiley) Vol. 5, p. 2193Google Scholar