Controlling high blood pressure: A simple and effective approach
- 8 Downloads
Fixed-dose combination tablets, such as diuretic plus β-adrenergic blocking drug or ACE inhibitor are more effective than is any monotherapy. Other advantages include simple titration, low toxicity and reduced expense which encourage better compliance required for optimal blood pressure control.
KeywordsAngiotensin Converting Enzyme Enalapril Felodipine Trandolapril Comp THER
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fisher G. Top 10 reasons for office visits. Scoff-Levin Physicians Drug and Diagnosis Audit Inc, 60 Blacksmith Road, Newtown, PA 18940.Google Scholar
- 7.Freis ED, Materson BL. Captopril in mild to moderate hypertension: effect of low dose and of added diuretic. Prog Pharmacol. 1984;5:87–92.Google Scholar
- 8.AIRE Study Investigators. Effects of ramipril on mortality and morbidity of survivors of acute myocardial infarction with clinical evidence of heart failure. Lancet. 1993;342: 821–828.Google Scholar
- 9.ACC/AHA Task Force on Practice Guidelines: ACC/AHA guidelines for the management of patients with myocardial infarction: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on practice guidelines (Committee on Management of Acute Myocardial Infarction). Circulation. 1996;28:1328–1428.Google Scholar
- 10.Kuher J. Tarp-Pedersen C, CarlsonJE, et al. A clinical trial of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor trandolapril in patients with left ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarction. Trandolapril Cardiac Evaluation (TRACE) Study Group. N Engl J Med. 1995;333:1670–1676.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Schultz JF, Sheps SC. Management of patients with hypertension: a hypertension clinic model. Mayo Clinic Proc. 1994;69:997–999.Google Scholar