Hydro-abrasive erosion of concrete incorporated with nano-SiO2, super-fine slag or rubber powder
In this paper, we investigates the concretes respectively incorporated with 5% (m:m) nano-SiO2 (NS), 40% (m:m) super-fine slag (SS), as well as 40% (m:m) SS combining 20% replacement of sand volume with RP. The tested mechanical properties include compressive strength, abrasion resistant strength, and elastic modulus. The results indicate that among these concretes, the SS-RP concrete has the highest abrasion resistant strength with increment ratios of 1.71 and 1.35 at 28 days and 90 days, respectively; the SS concrete has the highest compressive strength with increment ratios of 2.03 and 1.95 at 28 days and 90 days, respectively; the elastic modulus of SS-RP concrete significantly decrease compared with the SS concrete and is slightly higher than that of the reference concrete. It is concluded that NS, SS, and RP all can improve the abrasion resistance of concrete, and it will be significantly improved when SS combining RP is incorporated.
Key wordsconcrete abrasion resistance nano-SiO2 super-fine slag rubber powder
CLC numberTV 431
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lian Jijian, Yang Min. High Dam Discharge Engineering [M]. Beijing: China Water Power Press, 2008 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Liao Bi’e. The mechanism and approach to improve the abrasion resistance of concrete [J]. Hydropower Technology, 1993, 9: 25–29(Ch).Google Scholar
- Graham J R, Greegan P J, Hamilton W S, et al. Erosion of concrete in hydraulic structures [J]. ACI Materials Journal, 1987: 148–149.Google Scholar
- Wang Lijiu, Wang Baomin. Influence of nano-SiO2 on the performance of Portland cement [J]. Concrete Technology, 2003, 43: 666–669(Ch).Google Scholar
- He Zhen. Research on Abrasion-Erosion Resistant High Performance Concrete (AER-HPC) [D]. Wuhan: The Library of Wuhan University of Technology, 1999(Ch).Google Scholar
- Li Guangyu, Wang Zhengzhong. Influence of rubber powder on the abrasion resistance of concrete [J]. China Rural Water and Hydropower, 2010, 5: 121–123(Ch).Google Scholar
- Fang Kun. Research on the Abrasion Resistance of Rubber Concrete [D]. Tianjin: The Library of Tianjin University 2010(Ch).Google Scholar
- SL350-2006. Test Code for Hydraulic Concrete [S]. Beijing: China Water Power Press, 2006(Ch).Google Scholar
- DL5150-2001. Test Code for Hydraulic Concrete [S]. Beijing: China Electric Power Press, 2001(Ch).Google Scholar
- Sobolev K, Flores L, Torres-Martinez L M, et al. Engineering of SiO2 nanoparticles for optimal performance in nano cement-based materials [J]. Nanotechnology in Construction, 2009, 12: 139–148.Google Scholar