An Erdős–Ko–Rado theorem for finite buildings of type F4
- 27 Downloads
In this paper we determine the largest sets of points of finite thick buildings of type F4 such that no two points of the set are at maximal distance. The motivation for studying these sets comes from , where a general Erdős–Ko–Rado problem was formulated for finite thick buildings. The result in this paper solves this problem for points (and dually for symplecta) in finite thick buildings of type F4.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Godsil and K. Meagher, Erdős–Ko–Rado Theorems: Algebraic Approaches, Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics, Vol. 149, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2016.Google Scholar
- J. W. P. Hirschfeld and J. A. Thas, General Galois Geometries, Oxford Mathematical Monographs, Clarendon Press, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- K. Metsch, An Erdős–Ko–Rado result for sets of pairwise non-opposite lines in finite classical polar spaces, Forum Mathematicum, https://doi.org/10.1515/forum-2017-0039.Google Scholar
- J. Tits, Buildings of Spherical Type and Finite BN-pairs, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 386, Springer, Berlin–New York, 1974.Google Scholar
- R. M. Weiss, The Structure of Spherical Buildings, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 2003.Google Scholar