Characterising vertex-star transitive and edge-star transitive graphs
Recent work of Lazarovich provides necessary and sufficient conditions on a graph L for there to exist a unique simply-connected (k,L)-complex. The two conditions are symmetry properties of the graph, namely vertexstar transitivity and edge-star transitivity. In this paper we investigate vertex- and edge-star transitive graphs by studying the structure of the vertex and edge stabilisers of such graphs. We also provide new examples of graphs that are both vertex-star transitive and edge-star transitive.
KeywordsParabolic Subgroup Maximal Clique Complete Bipartite Graph Generalise Quadrangle Petersen Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [L]N. Lazarovich, Uniqueness of homogeneous CAT(0) polygonal complexes, preprint 2011.Google Scholar
- [M]G. L. Morgan, On vertex stabilisers in symmetric quintic graphs, arXiv: 1209.5248v1, 2012.Google Scholar
- [St]B. Stellmacher, Locally s-transitive graphs, unpublished.Google Scholar
- [GAP]The GAP Group, GAP—Groups, Algorithms, and Programming, Version 4.4.12, 2008.Google Scholar
- [W1]R. Weiss, s-transitive graphs, in Algebraic Methods in Graph Theory, Vol. I, II (Szeged, 1978), Colloquia Mathematica Societatis János Bolyai, Vol. 25, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1981, pp. 827–847.Google Scholar
- [Wi1]D. T. Wise, Non-positively curved square complexes, aperiodic tilings, and nonresidually finite groups, Ph.D. Thesis, Princeton University, 1996.Google Scholar