Escaping points in the boundaries of Baker domains
- 42 Downloads
We study the dynamical behaviour of points in the boundaries of simply connected invariant Baker domains U of meromorphic maps f with a finite degree on U. We prove that if f|U is of hyperbolic or simply parabolic type, then almost every point in the boundary ofU,with respect to harmonicmeasure, escapes to infinity under iteration of f. On the contrary, if f|U is of doubly parabolic type, then almost every point in the boundary of U, with respect to harmonic measure, has dense forward trajectory in the boundary of U, in particular the set of escaping points in the boundary of U has harmonic measure zero. We also present some extensions of the results to the case when f has infinite degree on U, including the classical Fatou example.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Aar97]J. Aaronson, An Introduction to Infinite Ergodic Theory, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, Vol. 50, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1997.Google Scholar
- [Con95]J. B. Conway, Functions of One Complex Variable. II, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Vol. 159, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1995.Google Scholar
- [DM91]C. I. Doering and R. Ma˜né, The Dynamics of Inner Functions, Ensaios Matemáticos, Vol. 3, Sociedade Brasileira de Matemática, Rio de Janeiro, 1991.Google Scholar
- [FH09]N. Fagella and C. Henriksen, The Teichmüller space of an entire function, in Complex Dynamics, A K Peters, Wellesley, MA, 2009, pp. 297–330.Google Scholar
- [GM05]J. B. Garnett and D. E. Marshall, Harmonic Measure, New Mathematical Monographs, Vol. 2, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2005.Google Scholar
- [Mil06]J. Milnor, Dynamics in One Complex Variable, 3rd ed., Annals of Mathematics Studies, Vol. 160, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 2006.Google Scholar
- [Pet83]K. Petersen, Ergodic Theory, Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics, Vol. 2, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1983.Google Scholar
- [Pom92]C. Pommerenke, Boundary Behaviour of Conformal Maps, Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften, Vol. 299, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1992.Google Scholar