Transient emission wavelength estimation for DFB laser with temperature tuning
The prediction method of dynamic wavelength is proposed for temperature tuning process. The temperature of the thermistor integrated in laser diode (LD) module is recorded to predict the LD chip temperature. Then according to the injection current and priori tuning characteristics of the LDs, the emission wavelength is estimated in real time. The method is validated by using a 1.58 μm distributed feedback (DFB) LD. The absorption spectra of mixture gas of CO2 and CO are measured by means of the thermal tuning gas sensing system. The center wavelength of each absorption line is compared with the data in HITRAN2012 database. The results show that the deviations are less than 5 pm. This method fully meets the needs of spectroscopic measurement, and can be applied to spectroscopy, optical communications and other fields.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
We thank the National Natural Science Foundation Committee and Tianjin Research Program of Application Foundation and Advanced Technology for the support. This research is also supported by the State Key Laboratory of Precision Measuring Technology and Instruments (Tianjin University).
- Diehl Laurent, C. Pfluegl and M. F. Witinski, Methods and Apparatus for Temperature Tuning of Semiconductor Lasers, US, US20130156052, 2013.Google Scholar
- Chen Xiang, Kan Rui-feng, Yang Chen-guang, Xu Zhen-yu, Zhang Guang-le, Chen Fu-duo and Liu Jian-guo, Journal of Optoelectronics·Laser 26, 719 (2015).(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Benjamin Scherer, Jürgen Wöllenstein, Matthias Weidemüller, Wenzel Salzmann, Johannes Michael Ostermann, Fernando Rinaldi and Rainer Michalzik, Smart Sensors, Actuators and MEMS III, Proc. of SPIE 6589, 1 (2007).Google Scholar
- Jinyi Li, Zhenhui Du and Rubin Qi, Acta Optica Sinica 31, 013004 (2012).(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Peltola J, Trace Gas Detection and High-precision Spectroscopy in the Mid-infrared and Visible Wavelength Regions, University of Helsinki, 2015.Google Scholar
- Zhang Faye, Jiang Mingshun, Sui Qingmei, Zhang Lei and Cao Yuqiang, Journal of Optoelectronics·Laser 26, 2162 (2015).(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- L. S. Rothman, I. E. Gordon, Y. Babikov, A. Barbe, D. Chris Benner, P. F. Bernath, M. Birk, L. Bizzocchi, V. Boudon, L. R. Brown, A. Campargue, K. Chance, E. A. Cohen, L. H. Coudert, V. M. Devi, B. J. Drouin, A. Faytl, J.-M. Flaud, R. R. Gamache, J. J. Harrison, J.-M. Hartmann, C. Hill, J. T. Hodges, D. Jacquemart, A. Jolly, J. Lamouroux, R. J. Le Roy, G. Li, D. A. Long, O. M. Lyulin, C. J. Mackie, S. T. Massie, S. Mikhailenko, H. S. P. Müller, O. V. Naumenko, A. V. Nikitin, J. Orphal, V. Perevalov, A. Perrin, E. R. Polovtseva, C. Richard, M. A. H. Smith, E. Starikova, K. Sung, S. Tashkun, J. Tennyson, G. C. Toon, Vl. G. Tyuterev and G. Wagner, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy & Radiative Transfer 130, 4 (2013).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Nan Gao, Zhen-hui Du, Jin-yi Li, Xue-hong Zhao and Yan Wang, 2011 International Conference on Business Management and Electronic Information (BMEI) 4, 853 (2011).Google Scholar