A novel improved SLM scheme of the PAPR reduction technology in CO-OFDM systems
- 39 Downloads
The higher peak-to-average power ratio (PAPR) is a major shortcoming of coherent optical orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (CO-OFDM) systems. Selective mapping (SLM) technology can effectively reduce the probability of high PAPR, but it has higher computational complexity, and requires additional bandwidth to transmit the side information, which will affect the transmission efficiency of the system. In response to these shortcomings, a novel improved SLM (NI-SLM) scheme with low complexity and without side information is proposed. Simulation results show that the proposed scheme can exponentially reduce the computational complexity, and the bit error rate (BER) performance can greatly approach the original signal. What’s more, it shows the better PAPR reduction performance.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Goel, P. G. Poddar and M. Agrawal, World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology 68, 821 (2012).Google Scholar
- LI Lingxiang and LI Jibi, Journal of Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications: Natural Science Edition 28, 743 (2016).(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Yuan Jianguo, Li Zhangchao, HU Yunxia, Sheng Quanliang, Lin Jinzhao and Pang Yu, Optical Engineering 53, 0761011 (2014).Google Scholar
- LI Yingshan, DUAN Yanhui, WANG Meng and XIA Junli, Journal of Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications: Natural Science Edition 26, 49 (2014).(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Khoo B. K., Le Goff S. Y., Tsimenidis C. C. and Sharif B. S., OFDM PAPR Reduction Using Selected Mapping without Side Information, IEEE International Confer ence on Communications, 4341 (2007).Google Scholar
- Heo S. J., Noh H. S., No J. S. and Shin D. J., A Modified SLM Scheme with Low Complexity for PAPR Reduction of OFDM Systems, IEEE 18th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, 1 (2007).Google Scholar
- Yuan Jianguo, Li Zhangchao, HU Yunxia, Sheng Quanliang, Lin Jinzhao and Pang Yu, Journal of Optoelectronics ·Laser 26, 75 (2015).(in Chinese)Google Scholar