Interactions between gas flow and reversible chemical reaction in porous media
- 27 Downloads
Taking into consideration the gas compressibility and chemical reaction reversibility, a model was developed to study the interactions between gas flow and chemical reaction in porous media and resolved by the finite volume method on the basis of the gas-solid reaction aA(g) + bB(s) ⇄ cC(g) + dD(s). The numerical analysis shows that the equilibrium constant is an important factor influencing the process of gas-solid reaction. The stoichiometric coefficients, molar masses of reactant gas, product gas and inert gas are the main factors influencing the density of gas mixture. The equilibrium constant influences the gas flow in porous media obviously when the stoichiometric coefficients satisfy a/c≠1.
Key wordsporous media compressible gas flow reversible chemical reaction interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- WAKAO N, KAGUEI S. Heat and mass transfer in packed beds [M]. New York: Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, 1982.Google Scholar
- ERGUN S. Fluid flow through packed columns [J]. Chemical Engineering Progress, 1952, 48(2): 89–94.Google Scholar
- TAO Wen-quan. Numerical heat transfer [M]. Xi’an, China: Xi’an Jiaotong University Press, 2001. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- GEIGER G H, POIRIER D R. Transport phenomena in metallurgy [M]. London: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1973.Google Scholar
- SZEKELY J, EVANS J W, SOHN H Y. Gas-solid reaction [M]. New York: Academic Press, 1976.Google Scholar
- WELTY J R, WICKS C E, WILSON R E. Fundamentals of momentum, heat, and mass transfer [M]. Third Edition. New York: John Wiley and Sons, 1983.Google Scholar