Heat treatment and granule medium internal high-pressure forming of AA6061 tube
- 51 Downloads
The new forming process of AA6061 alloy tube, including solution treatment, granule medium internal high-pressure forming and aging treatment, was developed. The AA6061 alloy tube via heat treatment satisfied the forming requirement, and the granule medium internal high pressure forming method for AA6061 alloy tube was also realized by using convenient implementation with low requirement of equipment and flexible design of product. At a solution temperature of 560°C and time of 120 min, the elongation of the AA6061 extruded tube increases by 300% and the strength and the hardness dramatically decrease too. Therefore, the AA6061 alloy tube meets the requirement of internal high-pressure forming because of the improvement of formability. The experiments shows that the strength and hardness of AA6061 alloy workpiece recover to that of the as-received alloy at an aging temperature of 180°C and time of 360 min, and the strength of AA6061 alloy workpiece is equal to the base alloy. The typical parts of convex ring tube, stepped shaft tube and hexagonal tube were successfully produced in lab by using the present forming method. The forming tests show that the maximum expansion ratio (MER) of the AA6061 extruded tube increases by 25.5% and the material properties of formed AA6061 alloy tube reached the performance of as-received alloy.
Key wordsaluminum alloy tube solution treatment aging treatment granule medium internal high pressure forming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- PAN Dao-zhao, WANG Zhi-xiu, LI Hai, ZHENG Zi-qiao. Effects of two-step ageing treatment on tensile properties and intergranular corrosion of 6061 aluminum alloy [J]. The Chinese Journal of Nonferrous Metals, 2010, 20(3): 435–441. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIANG Sheng-qian, ZHOU Chun-rong, GUO Jia-lin, YIN Zhi-min, SHANG Bao-chuan. Effect of solid solution-aging treatment on microstructure and properties of 6061 aluminum alloy extruded rods [J]. Light Alloy Fabrication Technology, 2011, 39(4): 31–35. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- SHANG Bao-chuan, YIN Zhi-min, ZHOU Xiang, HUANG Zhi-qi. Effect of solution and aging treatment on microstructure and properties of hot extruded 6082 aluminum alloy bars [J]. Transactions of Materials and Heat Treatment, 2011, 32(1): 77–81. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHOU Yu-jing, CHENG Xiu-quan, XIA Qin-xiang. Influence of heat treatment on spinning process and properties for 6061 aluminum alloy tube [J]. Forging & Stamping Technology, 2011, 36(3): 54–57. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HE Zhu-bin, YUAN Shi-jian, CHA Wei-wei, LIANG Ying-chun. Force and deformation analysis of tube ring specimen during hoop tension test [J]. Acta Metallurgica Sinica, 2008, 44(4): 423–427. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- WU Yue. CHEN Wen-lin, LI Wei, MA Yong. Effects of solution treatment on microstructure and properties of Al-0.9Mg-0.6Si-0.7Cu alloy [J]. Transactions of Materials and Heat Treatment, 2014, 35(12): 56–61. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YUAN Shi-jian, TANG Ze-jun, WANG Xiao-song, MIAO Qi-bin. Formability of warm hydroforming of AZ31B magnesium alloy tube [J]. Materials Science & Technology, 2009, 17(5): 657–665. (in Chinese)Google Scholar