Development of tool-path generation module for 5-axis control machining of impellers
- 131 Downloads
An impeller is difficult to machine because of severe collision due to the complex shape, overlapping and twisted shape of the impeller blades. So, most computer aided manufacturing (CAM) software companies have developed CAM module for manufacturing impeller according to their CAM software. But these dedicated modules are difficult to use for inexperienced users. The purpose of this work is to develop a tool-path generation module for impellers. For this purpose, it is based on Visual Basic language and used CATIA graphical environment. The result of simulation for generated tool-path by the module is satisfactory. And it has slow processing speed compared to other commercial modules, but it is easy to use.
Key wordsimpeller computer aided manufacturing 5-axis control machining tool path module
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- JANG D K, CHO H Y, LEE H K, KONG Y S, YANG G E. A study on tool path generation for machining impellers with 5-axis machining center [J]. Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 2004, 21(3): 83–90. (in Korean)Google Scholar
- JANG D K, CHO H Y, SHIN J K, HONG S K, LEE H K, YANG G E. A study on reverse engineering and 5-axis NC machining of impeller [J]. Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 2004, 21(6): 60–68. (in Korean)Google Scholar
- JANG D K, LIM K N, YANG G E. A study on five-axis roughing of impeller with ruled surface [J]. Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 2007, 24(7): 60–68.Google Scholar
- HWANG J D, LIM E S, JUNG Y G.. The control technology of cutter path and cutter posture for 5-axis control machining [J]. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineering, 2011, 10(2): 1–8. (in Korean)Google Scholar
- PARK K B, JUNG H C, HWANG J D, JUNG Y G. A continuous control of cutter posture change for efficient 5-axis machining of impeller [C]// Autumn Conference of KSMPE, Seoul, 2010: 33–34. (in Korean)Google Scholar
- HWANG J D, OH J Y, JUNG Y G. A study on the improvement of surface roughness of impeller by selection of tool path and posture and control of feed rate [J]. Journal of KSME, 2008, 32(12): 1088–1095. (in Korean)Google Scholar