Consensus controller for multi-UAV navigation
- 31 Downloads
In this paper, we design consensus algorithms for multiple unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV). We mainly focus on the control design in the face of measurement noise and propose a position consensus controller based on the sliding mode control by using the distributed UAV information. Within the framework of Lyapunov theory, it is shown that all signals in the closed-loop multi- UAV systems are stabilized by the proposed algorithm, while consensus errors are uniformly ultimately bounded. Moreover, for each local UAV, we propose a mechanism to define the trustworthiness, based on which the edge weights are tuned to eliminate negative influence from stubborn agents or agents exposed to extremely noisy measurement. Finally, we develop software for a nano UAV platform, based on which we implement our algorithms to address measurement noises in UAV flight tests. The experimental results validate the effectiveness of the proposed algorithms.
KeywordsConsensus control multi-agent system quadrotor Lyapunov stability distributed system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- U.S. Air Force Research Laboratories. UAV Cooperative Decision and Control; Challenges and Practical Approaches. T. Shima, S. Rasmussen (eds.). Philadelphia: SIAM. 2009.Google Scholar
- F. L. Lewis, S. Jagannathan, A. Yesildirak. Neural Network Control of Robot Manipulators and Non-linear Systems. Boca Raton: CRC Press, 1998.Google Scholar
- P. Wang, Z. Man, Z. Cao. Dynamics modelling and linear control of quadcopter. International Conference on Advanced Mechatronic Systems, Melbourne: IEEE, 2016: 498–503.Google Scholar
- Y. Kuriki, T. Namerikawa. Consensus-based cooperative formation control with collision avoidance for a multi-UAV system. American Control Conference, Portland: IEEE, 2014: 2077–2082.Google Scholar
- T. Yucelen, W. M. Haddad, E. M. Feron. Adaptive control architectures for mitigating sensor attacks in cyber-physical systems. American Control Conference, Boston: IEEE, 2016: 1165–1170.Google Scholar
- E. Arabi, T. Yucelen, W. M. Haddad. Mitigating the effects of sensor uncertainties in networked multiagent systems. American Control Conference, Boston: IEEE, 2016: 5545–5550.Google Scholar
- J. S. Baras, T. Jiang. Trust evaluation in anarchy: a case study on autonomous networks. Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, Barcelona: IEEE, 2006: 835–846.Google Scholar
- J. S. Baras, T. Jiang. Cooperation, trust and games in wireless networks. Symposium on Systems, Control, and Networks, Berkeley: Birkhauser, 2005: 183–202.Google Scholar
- T. Jiang, J. S. Baras. Graph Algebraic Interpretation of Trust Establishment in Autonomic Networks. Maryland: University of Maryland, 2010.Google Scholar
- Bitcraze. https://www.bitcraze.io/.