Feature selection of ultrahigh-dimensional covariates with survival outcomes: a selective review
- 120 Downloads
Many modern biomedical studies have yielded survival data with high-throughput predictors. The goals of scientific research often lie in identifying predictive biomarkers, understanding biological mechanisms and making accurate and precise predictions. Variable screening is a crucial first step in achieving these goals. This work conducts a selective review of feature screening procedures for survival data with ultrahigh dimensional covariates. We present the main methodologies, along with the key conditions that ensure sure screening properties. The practical utility of these methods is examined via extensive simulations. We conclude the review with some future opportunities in this field.
Keywordssurvival analysis ultrahigh dimensional predictors variable screening sure screening property
MR Subject Classification97K80
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
We thank Dr. Jialiang Li for providing the code for the survival impact index screening and Ms. Martina Fu for proofreading the manuscript.
- H G Hong, X R Chen, D C Christiani, Y Li. Integrated powered density: screening ultrahigh dimensional covariates with survival outcomes, Biometrics, in press.Google Scholar
- H G Hong, J Kang, Y Li. Conditional screening for ultra-high dimensional covariates with survival outcomes, Lifetime Data Anal, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10985-016-9387-7Google Scholar
- J Kang, H G Hong, Y Li. Partition-based ultrahigh-dimensional variable screening, Biometrika, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/asx052Google Scholar
- X D Yan, N S Tang, X Q Zhao. The Spearman rank correlation screening for ultrahigh dimensional censored data, eprint arXiv:1702.02708.Google Scholar
- G R Yang, Y Yu, R Z Li, A Buu. Feature screening in ultrahigh dimensional Cox’s model, 2016, Statist Sinica, 26: 881–901.Google Scholar
- M Yue, J L Li. Improvement screening for ultra-high dimensional data with censored survival outcomes and varying coefficients, Int J Biostat, 2017, 13(1), https://doi.org/10.1515/ijb-2017-0024Google Scholar
- J Zhang, G S Yin, Y Y Liu, Y S Wu. Censored cumulative residual independent screening for ultrahigh-dimensional survival data, Lifetime Data Anal, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10985-017-9395-2Google Scholar