A sketch-based semantic retrieval approach for 3D CAD models
- 134 Downloads
During the new product development process, reusing the existing CAD models could avoid designing from scratch and decrease human cost. With the advent of big data, how to rapidly and efficiently find out suitable 3D CAD models for design reuse is taken more attention. Currently the sketch-based retrieval approach makes search more convenient, but its accuracy is not high enough; on the other hand, the semantic-based retrieval approach fully utilizes high level semantic information, and makes search much closer to engineers’ intent. However, effectively extracting and representing semantic information from data sets is difficult. Aiming at these problems, we proposed a sketch-based semantic retrieval approach for reusing 3D CAD models. Firstly a fine granularity semantic descriptor is designed for representing 3D CAD models; Secondly, several heuristic rules are adopted to recognize 3D features from 2D sketch, and the correspondences between 3D feature and 2D loops are built; Finally, semantic and shape similarity measurements are combined together to match the input sketch to 3D CAD models. Hence the retrieval accuracy is improved. A sketch-based prototype system is developed. Experimental results validate the feasibility and effectiveness of our proposed approach.
Keywordssketch model retrieval semantic retrieval heuristic rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M Eitz, R Richter, T Boubekeur, K Hildebrand, M Alexa. Sketch-based shape retrieval, AcmTrans Graphic, 2012, 31(4): 13–15.Google Scholar
- J P Pereira, J A Jorge, V A Branco, F N Ferreira. Calligraphic interfaces: Mixed metaphors for design, In: Interactive Systems. Design, Specification, and Verification, Lecture Notes in Comput Sci, Vol 2844, 2004, 154–170.Google Scholar
- Y Wu, F He, D Zhang, X Li. Service-oriented feature-based data exchange for cloud-based design and manufacturing, IEEE Trans Serv Comput, 2015, PP(99): 1–1.Google Scholar
- B Xu, W Chang, A Sheffer, A Bousseau, J Mccrae, K Singh. True2Form: 3D curve networks from 2D sketches via selective regularization, Acm Trans Graphic, 2014, 33(4): 1–13.Google Scholar
- Industrial automation systems and integration-product data representation and exchange. Part 111: integrated application resource: elements for the procedural modelling of solid shapes, 2007, ISO/WD.Google Scholar