A new pitch detection algorithm based on wavelet transform
- 48 Downloads
In tins paper, a new event detection pitch detector based on the dyadic wavelet transform was constructed by selecting an optimal scale. The proposed pitch detector is accurate, robust to noise and computationally simple. Experiments show the superior performance of this event-based pitch detector in comparison with previous event-based pitch detector and classical pitch detectors that use the autocorrelation and the cepstrum methods to estimate the pitch period.
Key wordsglottal closure instants dyadic wavelet transform pitch detection optimal scale
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hess W J. Pitch Determination of Speech Signals[M]. Springer, New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- Mallat S, Zhong S. Characterization of signals from multi-scale edge[J]. IEEE Trans. on PAMI, 1992, 14(7): 710–732.Google Scholar
- Li Jian-ping, Tang Yun-yan. The Application of Wavelet Analysis Method[M]. Chongqing University Press, Chong-qing, 1999 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ran Qi-wen. Wavelet Transform and Fraction Fourior Transform[M]. Harbin Institute of Technology Press, Harbin, 2001(in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Rabiner L R, Chefer R W. The Digital Process of Speech Signal[M].Science Press, Beijing, 1983(in Chinese).Google Scholar