Music electric stimulation of points for anxiety: a multi-center randomized controlled clinical trial
To observe the therapeutic efficacy of music electric stimulation of points in treating anxiety.
By adopting a design of multi-centered randomized controlled trial (RCT), a total of 270 patients with anxiety were randomized into a treatment group and a medication group. The treatment group was intervened by music electric stimulation of points, while the medication group was intervened by oral administration of doxepin. The two groups were evaluated by using Hamilton anxiety rating scale (HAMA) and Chinese revised edition of self-rating anxiety scale (SAS-CR) before and after the intervention. The therapeutic efficacies were also compared.
The total effective rate was 93.6% in the treatment group versus 92.3% in the medication group, and the between-group difference was statistically insignificant (P>0.05). After the treatment, the aggregate scores of HAMA and SAS-CR were significantly changed in both groups (both P<0.001), and the inter-group differences were statistically insignificant (P>0.05).
Music electric stimulation of points can produce equivalent efficacy in treating anxiety compared to doxepin. Thus, it can be taken as a choice in the treatment of anxiety.
KeywordsElectric Stimulation Therapy Music Therapy Anxiety Point Baihui (GV 20) Point Yintang (GV 29) Psychiatric Status Rating Scales Randomized Controlled Trial Doxepin
采用多中心随机对照试验(RCT)的方法, 将270例焦 虑症患者随机分为治疗组和药物组, 治疗组采用穴位音乐电刺激治疗, 药物组釆用口服多虑平治疗, 两组治疗前 后用汉密尔顿焦虑量表(HAMA)和焦虑自评量表中文修订版(SAS-CR )测评, 并进行疗效比较。
治疗组总有效 率为93.6%, 药物组为92.3%, 两组总有效率差异无统计学意义(P>0.05)。治疗后, 两组HAMA和SAS-CR总分均与本 组治疗前有统计学差异(均P<0.001), 而两组间差异无统计学意义(均P>0.05)。
穴位音乐电刺激治疗焦虑 症疗效与多虑平相当, 可作为治疗焦虑症的方法。
关键词电刺激疗法 音乐疗法 焦虑 穴 百会 穴 印堂 精神状态评定量表 随机对照试验 多虑平
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by Scientific Project of the Third Hospital of Mianyang, Sichuan Province [四川省绵阳 市第三人民医院科研科题, No.(12) 2013].
- Li AM. Influence of motivated interview on negative emotions and compliance of stroke patients. Zhongguo Linchuang Huli, 2014, 6(4): 328–330.Google Scholar
- Wang LP, Li XC, Meng CF, Huang WM, Zhuang XM, Lin GQ. Abnormal glucose metabolism in patients with ischemic stroke. Tongji Daxue Xuebao (Yixue Ban), 2014, 35(1): 73–75.Google Scholar
- Liang DS. Effect comparison of music therapy for poststroke depression patients with different syndromes. Qiqihar Yixueyuan Xuebao, 2016, 37(12): 1550–1551.Google Scholar
- Psychosis Branch of Chinese Medical Association. The Chinese Classification and Diagnostic Criteria of Mental Disorders. 3rd Edition. Jinan: Shandong Technology Press, 2001: 118-119.Google Scholar
- Zhang MY. Psychiatry Assessment Scale Manual. Changsha: Hunan Science & Technology Press, 1998: 39–42.Google Scholar
- Tao M, Gao JF. Reliability and validity of Chinese revised edition of self-rating anxiety scale. Zhongguo Shenjing Jingshen Jibing Zazhi, 1994, 20(5): 301–303.Google Scholar
- Guétin S, Portet F, Picot MC, Pommié C, Messaoudi M, Djabelkir L, Olsen AL, Cano MM, Lecourt E, Touchon J. Effect of music therapy on anxiety and depression in patients with Alzheimer's type dementia: randomised, controlled study. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord, 2009, 28(1): 36–46.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Xu CL, Wang F, Dong HS. Effect of music electroacupuncture on perifocal ferric ions and neuronal apoptosis percentage and the brain water content in rats with acute cerebral hemorrhage. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi, 2017, 36(7): 840–845.Google Scholar
- Tan YT, Yi X, Huang Y, Yuan Q, Liu HH, Yang L. Research progress on music therapy for Broca aphasia. Hunan Zhongyi Zazhi, 2016, 32(1): 169–170.Google Scholar
- Zhang DL, Zhang XM. The interview and treatment of generalized anxiety disorder. Sichuan Jingshen Weisheng, 2016, 29(2): 111–117.Google Scholar
- Zhang JH. Acupuncture plus auricular point sticking for 24 cases with anxiety. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu, 2004, 24(21): 68–69.Google Scholar
- Zhang H, Deng H. Observations on the efficacy of acupuncture plus acupuncture point injection in treating post-earthquake generalized anxiety disorder. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi, 2010, 29(9): 576–578.Google Scholar