Effect of electroacupuncture on gastric motility, expressions of ghrelin and GHSR mRNA in gastric antrum tissue of diabetic gastroparesis rats
- 20 Downloads
To explore the action mechanism of electroacupuncture (EA) in improving the gastric motility of rats with diabetic gastroparesis (DGP).
Forty-eight healthy Sprague-Dawley (SD) rats were randomly assigned into four groups: a normal group (group A), a model group (group B), a group of EA at acupoints (group C), and a group of EA at non-acupoints (group D), 12 rats in each group. The animal model of DGP was established by intraperitoneal injection of streptozotocin (STZ) plus high glucose and fat diet. The blood glucose, urine glucose and gastric emptying rate (GER) were observed. The content of insulin (INS) in serum and ghrelin in gastric antrum tissue were detected by enzyme linked immunoassay (ELISA). The expression of growth hormone secretagogue receptor mRNA (GHSR mRNA) in gastric antrum tissue was detected by real-time fluorescent quantitative polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
Compared with group A, blood glucose and urine glucose increased significantly (P<0.01), GER, content of serum insulin, the content of ghrelin and expression of GHSR mRNA in gastric antrum tissue decreased significantly (P<0.05 or P<0.01) in group B. Compared with group B, blood glucose and urine glucose decreased significantly (P<0.05), GER, the content of insulin in serum, the content of ghrelin and expression of GHSR mRNA in gastric antrum tissue increased significantly (P<0.05 or P<0.01) in group C.
EA at acupoints can down-regulate the content of blood and urine sugar, and promote gastric emptying, which is possibly related to the regulation of serum insulin, and the expressions of ghrelin and GHSR mRNA in gastric antrum.
KeywordsAcupuncture Therapy Electroacupuncture Ghrelin Receptors Ghrelin Insulin Diabetes Complications Gastroparesis Rats
将48只健康SD大鼠随机分为4组, 即 空白对照组(A组)、模型组(B组)、电针穴位组(C组)和电针非穴组(D组), 每组12只。采用腹腔注射链脲佐菌素配合 高糖高脂饮食建立大鼠DGP模型。观察大鼠血糖、尿糖值和胃排空率, 采用酶联免疫法检测血清胰岛素含量、胃 窦组织促生长素(ghrelin)含量, 实时荧光定量PCR法测定胃窦部生长素促分泌激素受体基因(GHSR mRNA)的表达。
与空白组比较, 模型组大鼠血糖、尿糖值显著增高(P<0.01), 胃排空率、血清胰岛素水平、胃窦ghrelin及 GHSR mRNA表达显著降低(P<0.05或P<0.01); 经电针穴位后, 血糖、尿糖值显著降低(P<0.05), 胃排空率、血清 胰岛素水平、胃窦ghrelin及GHSR mRNA表达显著增高(P<0.05或P<0.01)。
电针可降低DGP大鼠血糖、尿糖 值, 促进胃排空, 这可能与其调节血清胰岛素含量, 胃窦ghrelin及GHSR mRNA表达有关。
关键词针刺疗法 电针 胃促生长素 受体 胃促生长素 胰岛素 糖尿病并发症 胃轻瘫 大鼠
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (国家自然科学基金项目, No. 81403487); Youth Fund of Hunan Provincial Education Department (湖南省教育厅青年基金, No. 14B128); Open Fund Project of Hunan University Innovation Platform (湖 南省高校创新平台开放基金项目, No.12K088).
- Kuwata H, Iwasaki M, Shimizu S, Minami K, Maeda H, Seino S, Nakada K, Nosaka C, Murotani K, Kurose T, Seino Y, Yabe D. Meal sequence and glucose excursion, gastric emptying and incretin secretion in type 2 diabetes: a randomised, controlled crossover, exploratory trial. Diabetologia, 2016, 59(3): 453–461.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Wang P, Sun YF, Wang YH, Zhang YF. Progress in the integrative medical treatment of diabetic gastroparesis. Hebei Zhongyiyao Xuebao, 2011, 26(1): 43–44.Google Scholar
- Zheng SL, Ge JY. Treatment efficacy of warming acupuncture on 40 cases of diabetic gastroparesis. Zhongguo Zhongyiyao Keji, 2010, 17(3): 247–248.Google Scholar
- Wan QQ, He FE, Lin YP. Observation on indexes related to the evolution process of diabetic gastroparalysis rat models. Hunan Zhongyiyao Daxue Xuebao, 2014, 34(10): 6–10.Google Scholar
- Li ZR. Experimental Acupuncture Science. Beijing: China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2007: 327–329.Google Scholar
- Chen JZ, Yin JK, Hou CJ, Wang XP, Tang CH, Tang CH. Effect of Rhizoma Coptidis and Cortex Phellodendri on experimental model rat of deficient cold of spleen and stomach. Zhongguo Zhongyiyao Xiandai Yuancheng Jiaoyu, 2015, 13(10): 134–136.Google Scholar
- Song GH, Sun W, Zhang P. Epidemiological study of type 2 diabetes in elderly people in Dalian. Zhongguo Tangniaobing Zazhi, 2002, 10(2): 112–113.Google Scholar
- Cheng YZ, Tang Y, Li J. Progress in clinical research of diabetic gastroparesis. Shiyong Yiyuan Linchuang Zazhi, 2010, 7(2): 135–138.Google Scholar
- Wang JN, Huang WJ, Cheng Y, Wang J, Hu MQ. Research progress of acupuncture in treating diabetic patients with DGP. Xiandai Zhongyiyao, 2012, 32(1): 80–82.Google Scholar
- Xu Z, Kong Y, Yuan XD, Du GZ. Study on the modern application of acupoints of stomach in diabetic gastroparesis. Zhongyi Wenxian Zazhi, 2015, 3(3): 67–68.Google Scholar
- Cao F, Li T, Shan CX, Ha LJ, Li YQ, Wang FC. Study of the acupoint selection rules to treat diabetic gastroparesis with acupuncture based on the literature analysis. Zhongguo Zhongyi Jichu Yixue Zazhi, 2016, 21(1): 110–112.Google Scholar
- Huang TS, Shang YY, Guo ZP. Acupoint injection combined with Jianpi Guben Hewei Decoction in the treatment of diabetic gastroparesis clinical observation of 35 cases of patients with deficiency of spleen and stomach type. Liaoning Zhongyiyao Daxue Xuebao, 2015, 17(4): 80–83.Google Scholar
- Yao DY, Liu F. Review of studies on pathogenesis of diabetic gastroparesis. Guoji Xiaohuabing Zazhi, 2011, 31(1): 16–18.Google Scholar
- Mager U, Degenhardt T, Pulkkinen L, Kolehmainen M, Tolppanen AM, Lindström J, Eriksson JG, Carlberg C, Tuomilehto J, Uusitupa M; Finnish Diabetes Prevention Study Group. Variations in the ghrelin receptor gene associate with obesity and glucose metabolism in individuals with impaired glucose tolerance. PLoS One, 2008, 3(8): 2941.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ma XB, Xu WH. Review of relationship between ghrelin and gastrointestinal diseases. Shijie Huaren Xiaohua Zazhi, 2013, 21(3): 239–243.Google Scholar
- Xin FJ, Xu L. Study on the effects of ghrelin on intracellular calcium mobilization and its relationship with NO in guinea pig gastric antrum smooth muscle cells. Xiandai Shengwu Yixue Jinzhan, 2010, 10(2): 216–220.Google Scholar
- Xu L, Sun XR, Han XH, Zhong F, Depoortere I, Peeters T. Expression of ghrelin in nervous system and its cytoprotective action in rats. Shijie Huaren Xiaohua Zazhi, 2006, 14(5): 752–757.Google Scholar
- Wo JM, Ejskjaer N, Hellström PM, Malik RA, Pezzullo JC, Shaughnessy L, Charlton P, Kosutic G, McCallum RW. Randomised clinical trial: ghrelin agonist TZP-101 relieves gastroparesis associated with severe nausea and vomiting: randomised clinical study subset data. Aliment Pharmacol Ther, 2011, 33(6): 679–688.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Meyer C. Final answer: ghrelin can suppress insulin secretion in humans, but is it clinically relevant? Diabetes, 2010, 59(11): 2726–2728.Google Scholar