Effect of acupuncture-moxibustion therapy on sperm quality in infertility patients with sperm abnormality
- 69 Downloads
Working on seminal plasma acid phosphatase, to explore the mechanism by which acupuncture improves sperm quality (concentration, viability and motility) in infertility patients.
A total of 118 patients received acupuncture-moxibustion treatment. Before and 3, and 6 months after the treatment were detected their seminal plasma acid phosphatase, sperm concentration, sperm viability and sperm motility were measured.
The differences between before and after treatments in sperm motility and seminal plasma acid phosphatase levels were statistically significant (P<0.01).
Acupuncture-moxibustion can improve seminal plasma acid phosphatase levels in infertility patients.
Key WordsAcupuncture-moxibustion Therapy Infertility, Male Acid Phosphatase Spermatozoa
从精浆酸性磷酸酶入手, 探讨针灸改善不育患者精液质量(密度、 活率、 活力)的机理。
118 例患者给予针灸治疗, 治疗前及治疗3 月、 6 月后检测精浆酸性磷酸酶、 精子密度、 活率、 活力。
关键词针灸疗法 不育, 男性 酸性磷酸酶 精液
- Sun ZM, Bao YZ. Observation on clinical treatment for infertility caused by varicocele. Zhong Guo Nan Ke Xue Za Zhi, 2003, 17(2): 123.Google Scholar
- Wu MZ, Zeng CW, Zhang JH. Male Reproductive Pathology. Science Popularization Press, 1998: 203–204.Google Scholar
- Ban XS, Guan JM, Zhang YM. Acupuncture plus Chinese medicine granules for treatment of 260 cases of infertility due to sperm abnormality. Zhong Guo Zhen Jiu, 1998, 18(4): 213–214.Google Scholar
- Shi Y, Wu HG, Shi Z, Huang Q. A review: treatment of male infertility with acupuncture and moxibustion. Shang Hai Zhen Jiu Za Zhi, 2004, 3(1): 45–46.Google Scholar
- Hu ZH, Wang Y. Study of mechanism of acupuncture action on polycystic ovary syndrome of non-insulin resistance type. Shang Hai Zhen Jiu Za Zhi, 2009, 28(4): 197–198.Google Scholar
- Shen AM, Bao HL. Effect of acupuncture on seminal fructose in infertility patients. Zhong Guo Zhen Jiu, 2004, 24(3): 183–184.Google Scholar