Calculation method on shape finding of self-anchored suspension bridge with spatial cables
Based on the spatial model, a reliable and accurate calculation method on the shape finding of self-anchored suspension bridge with spatial cables was studied in this paper. On the principle that the shape of the main cables between hangers is catenary, the iteration method of calculating the shapes of the spatial main cables under the load of hanger forces was deduced. The reasonable position of the saddle was determined according to the shape and the theoretical joint point of the main cables. The shapes of the main cables at completed cable stage were calculated based on the unchanging principle of the zero-stress lengths of the main cables. By using a numerical method combining with the finite element method, one self-anchored suspension bridge with spatial cables was analyzed. The zero-stress length of the main cables, the position of the saddle, and the pre-offsetting of the saddle of the self-anchored suspension bridge were given. The reasonable shapes of the main cables at bridge completion stage and completed cable stage were presented. The results show that the shape-finding calculation method is effective and reliable.
Keywordsbridge engineering self-anchored suspension bridges special cables shape-finding calculation method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Luo Xiheng, Xiao Rucheng, Xiang Haifan. Cable shape analysis of suspension bridge with spatial cables. Journal of Tongji University (Natural Science), 2004, 32(10): 1349–1354 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Tan Donglian. Decision method on reasonable design state of selfanchored suspension bridge. China Journal of Highway and Transport, 2005, 8(2): 51–55 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 4.Li Huaiguang, Zheng Kaifeng, Wen Shudong, Li J. Calculation method and application of shape-finding of self-anchored suspension bridge with spatial cables. In: Proceedings of the 17th Bridges Engineering in China. Chongqing: People Transportation Press, 2006, 1060–1065 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang Peng, Wu Xun. Analysis of cable shape of suspension bridge at cable finished stage. Structural Engineers, 2005, 21(6): 22–27 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 8.Li Xiaozhen, Qiang Shizhong. Geometric form analysis of suspension bridge free cable. Journal of Chongqing Jiaotong Institute 1999, 18(3): 7–13 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Yang Menggang, Chen Zhenqing. An analysis of construction stages simulation for self-anchored suspension bridges. Journal of Hunan University (Natural Science Edition), 2006, 32(2): 26–30 (in Chinese)Google Scholar