Template-based AADL automatic code generation
- 11 Downloads
Embedded real-time systems employ a variety of operating system platforms. Consequently, for automatic code generation, considerable redevelopment is needed when the platform changes. This results in major challenges with respect to the automatic code generation process of the architecture analysis and design language (AADL). In this paper, we propose a method of template-based automatic code generation to address this issue. Templates are used as carriers of automatic code generation rules from AADL to the object platform. These templates can be easily modified for different platforms. Automatic code generation for different platforms can be accomplished by formulating the corresponding generation rules and transformation templates. We design a set of code generation templates from AADL to the object platform and develop an automatic code generation tool. Finally, we take a typical Data Processing Unit (DPU) system as a case study to test the tool. It is demonstrated that the autogenerated codes can be compiled and executed successfully on the object platform.
Keywordsreal-time system template formal methods AADL automatic code generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 61672074 and 91538202), Project of the State Key Laboratory of Software Development Environment of China (SKLSDE-2016ZX-16).
- 4.SAE AS5506. Architecture Analysis and Design Language (AADL). SAE International, 2005Google Scholar
- 5.SAE AS5506A. Architecture Analysis and Design Language (AADL) Standard, Version 2.SAE International, 2008Google Scholar
- 7.SAE AS5506 Annex: Behavior Specification v2.0. 2011Google Scholar
- 8.Franca R B, Bodeveix J P, Filali M, Rolland J F. The AADL behaviour annex–experiments and roadmap. In: Proceedings of the 12th IEEE International Conference on Engineering Complex Computer Systems. 2007, 377–382Google Scholar
- 10.Lundqvist K, Asplund L, Mitchell S. A formal model of the Ada Ravenscar tasking profile; protected objects. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies. 1999, 12–25Google Scholar
- 11.Brun M, Delatour J, Trinquet Y. Code generation from aadl to a realtime operating system: an experimentation feedback on the use of model transformation. In: Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems. 2008: 257–262Google Scholar
- 12.Dissaux P, Singhoff F. Stood and cheddar: AADL as a pivot language for analysing performances of real time architectures. In: Proceedings of the European Real Time System Conference. 2008Google Scholar
- 13.Tao Y. Model verification and code generation technology of AADL. Chengdu: University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, 2009Google Scholar
- 14.Varona-Gomez R, Villar E. AADL simulation and performance analysis in SystemC. In: Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems. 2009: 323–328Google Scholar
- 16.Ouimet M, Lundqvist K, Nolin M. The timed abstract state machine language: an executable specification language for reactive real-time systems. In: Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Real-Time and Network Systems. 2007Google Scholar
- 17.Börger E, Stärk R. Abstract State Machines: A Method for High-Level System Design and Analysis. Springer Science & Business Media, 2012Google Scholar
- 18.Yang Z, Hu K, Ma D, Pi L. Towards a formal semantics for the AADL behavior annex. In: Proceedings of the Conference on Design, Automation and Test in Europe. 2009, 1166–1171Google Scholar
- 19.Pi L, Yang Z, Bodeveix J P, Filali M, Hu K, Ma D. A comparative study of FIACRE and TASM to define AADL real time concepts. In: Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems. 2009, 347–352Google Scholar
- 20.Pi L, Bodeveix J P, Filali M. A comparative study of different formalisms to define AADL data communication. Seminaire, 2009Google Scholar
- 23.Patrick F, Pierre Gt. Agusti C, Christophe L C, David S, Pierre M, Xavier C, Marc P. The TOPCASED project: a toolkit in open source for critical aeronautic systems design. In: Proceedings of the 3rd European Congress Embedded Real Time Software. 2006, 55–59Google Scholar