Correction to: Obesity Surgery
In the original article some of the references were ordered incorrectly.
The correct reference 34 is: Hardman JG, Aitkenhead AR. Estimating alveolar dead space from the arterial to end-tidal CO(2) gradient: a modeling analysis. Anesth Analg. 2003;97(6):1846–51.
From reference 35 forward, all references are increased by one number and appear as below:
35. Chernik DA, Gillings D, Laine H, et al. Validity and reliability of the Observer’s Assessment of Alertness/Sedation Scale: study with intravenous midazolam. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 1990;10(4):244e51.
36. Flier S. How to inform a morbidly obese patient on the specific risk to develop postoperative pulmonary complications using evidence-based methodology. Eur J Anaesthesiology. 2006;23(2):154–9.
37. Writing Committee for the PROBESE Collaborative Group of the PROtective VEntilation Network (PROVEnet) for the Clinical Trial Network of the European Society of Anaesthesiology. Effect of Intraoperative High Positive End-Expiratory Pressure (PEEP) With Recruitment Maneuvers vs Low PEEP on Postoperative Pulmonary Complications in Obese Patients: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2019;321(23):2292–305.
38. Matthay MA, Bhattacharya S, Gaver D,et al. Ventilator-induced lung injury: in vivo and in vitro mechanisms. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2002; 283(4):L678–82.
39. Zhang S, Zhou Y, Zhao L, et al. κ-opioid receptor activation protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury via AMPK/Akt/eNOS signaling activation. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;833:100–8.
40. Zhou Y, Wang Y, Wang X, et al. The Protective Effects of κ-Opioid Receptor Stimulation in Hypoxic Pulmonary Hypertension Involve Inhibition of Autophagy Through the AMPK-MTOR Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;44(5):1965–79.
41. Franklin C, Fortepiani L, Nguyen T, et al. Renal responses produced by microinjection of the kappa opioid receptor agonist, U50-488H, into sites within the rat lamina terminalis. Pharmacol Res Perspect. 2015;3(2):e00117.
42. Peng P, Huang LY, Li J, et al. Distribution of kappa-opioid receptor in the pulmonary artery and its changes during hypoxia. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2009;292(7):1062–1067.
43. Shekar K, Fraser J F. Ventilator-induced lung injury. N Engl J Med. 2014;370(4):979.
44. Gao TT, Jiang L. Obesity exacerbates pulmonary vascular endothelial injury caused by mechanical ventilation. Int J Anesth Resu. 2018;(3):250–3. Chinese
45. Shah RJ, Wickersham N, Lederer DJ, et al. Preoperative plasma club (clara) cell secretory protein levels are associated with primary graft dysfunction after lung transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2014;14(2):446–52.
46. Ide S, Minami M, Ishihara K, et al. Abolished thermal and mechanical antinociception but retained visceral chemical antinociception induced by butorphanol in mu-opioid receptor knockout mice. Neuro pharmacology. 2008;54(8):1182–8.
47. Black D. The kappa opioid receptor is associated with the perception of visceral pain. Gut. 1998;43(3):312–3.
48. Boom M, Niesters M, Sarton E, et al. Non-analgesic effects of opioids: opioid-induced respiratory depression. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18(37):5994–6004.
49. Pasternak GW. Mu Opioid Pharmacology: 40 Years to the Promised Land. Adv Pharmacol. 2018;82:261–91.
50. Commiskey S, Fan LW, Ho IK. Butorphanol: effects of a prototypical agonist-antagonist analgesic on kappa-opioid receptors. J Pharmacol Sci. 2005;98(2):109–16.
Springer Nature remains neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.
The online version of the original article can be found at https://doi.org/10.1007/s11695-020-04755-2
About this article
Cite this article
Wang, Xl., Zeng, S., Li, Xx. et al. Correction to: The Protective Effects of Butorphanol on Pulmonary Function of Patients with Obesity Undergoing Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery: A Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Trial. OBES SURG 30, 3930–3931 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11695-020-04821-9